Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Session recording inherited filename

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi

it's possible to add the option to inherited for filename in session recording.

in

Regards

in.png
Clock2 mths

This is something that i really need.

https://192-168-0-1ip.net/192-168-1-254/

Clock2 mths

Hi,

I don't know if also possible to force a folder push session recording setting.

I mean on a folder I set all my session recording settings then all RDP/SSH under this folder will get all the session (inherited). Like permission...

That way everybody who put session RDP/SSH under this folder don't need to take care about all recording settings.

Regards

Clock2 mths

Hello,

We will add the option for "inherited" in the filename to our todo list.

For the "push" settings, I think what we should do is change the "default" value so it acts like "inherited", instead of going to the root settings directly. We would then add an option for "root" that could be chosen to explicitely use the root settings. What do you think?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi,

yes could be great. but when you talk about root folder do you mean the root folder or the parent folder. Because in my case I don't want to force all session recording for the entire vault but only for specific folder. The options for the entire vault could be great also for some case…

I also forgot to mention the prompt for file name option (only when using custom file name) will be part of the inherited options?

Regards

Clock2 mths

At the moment, the "default" option in the combobox for mode, destination and filename points to the root. We would change this to point to the parent folder, allowing for inheritance (so the same as the "inherit" option).

The "inherit" option would then become obsolete, so we would replace it with a "root" option, which would point at the root directly.

Default (root) => Default (inherited)
Inherited => removed
Root => added

What this means is that without changing the default settings, entries will point toward their parent folder by default instead of pointing directly at the root. This means you will only have to edit the necessary folder to pass on their settings to the sessions within.

For the inherited filename option, it will indeed inherit the "prompt for file name" option as well.

If you have any further questions just let me know!

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Just to let you know, the change has been made internally and should be available for RDM 2019.1.31.0.
As discussed, there will be two notable changes regarding session recording:
1. The "default" value will become "inherited" and a "root" option will be added.
2. An "inherited" value will be added to the filename settings.

With these changes, session recording settings should make more sense within the "inheritance tree" that RDM employs. Let us know if you encounter any issue once the changes are made.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock30 days