Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

MFA and sleep / lock issue

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When returning to my PC the next day, RDM is offline with the orange globe bottom right. Clicking it (to go back online) results in the follow error message, exactly 3x, every time:

I go to File>Cloud Account, and see that I am completely signed out from my Devolutions account. The last part may be intended behavior but I don't think the error message is. Also, if RDM is set to remember my credentials and to never lock the database, shouldn't it still remain logged in even with MFA enabled? If not, is there a way it can 'remember' a machine so I don't have to do this everytime? It would still be effective for new logins on other PCs, but would avoid this issue.

Clock7 mths

Hello,
What data source type do you use?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Devolutions Online Drive presently. I can also test with the Devolutions Online Database as I have a subscription to that as well.

Clock7 mths

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue, I can reproduce a bug when everytime the app is retarted I have to sign in again in File > Cloud Account, we reported that Internally. But I am not getting the error of invalid password after unlocking the application nor comming back to the online mode. In fact I am not getting any prompt when going back online.

Do you connect directly in offline mode when you connect to the datasource and then eventually go online ?

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

No, it connects online. I did notice it doesn't generate the error when I lock the application, lock Windows, or manually put Windows to sleep. IT does happen when I leave for the night and return in the morning. So maybe its the NIC going to sleep? I'm not sure exactly what was triggering it. I do have hibernation disabled.

Clock7 mths

I stepped away for about an hour and it occurred again. Here is the File>Cloud login page. Box is checked but it logs me out, and when I hit 'sign-in' the prompt does not appear until I kill RDM and re-start.

Clock7 mths

To add to this - after returning from the weekend, the same issue occurred. This time however, even after signing back in with MFA, the data source would not return to an 'online' state. I clicked the orange globe numerous times, but it only generates the same error, even after verifying I am indeed logged in.

Clock6 mths

I will need to investigate. We've made changes to the lock/unlock code recently and it looks like you are hitting a (not so) edge case.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Martin,

I will need your help on this one. Could you please perform the following in RDM:

- Help > Application Logs > Report (tab) > Save (keep in case we need it but chances are it only has "noise")
- Delete All
- File > Options > Advanced > Debug level, set the value to 1 (or make sure that "Debug" is checked via the "..." button)

Now use RDM as you normally would and once the issue happens again then send us your logs, Help > Application Logs > Report (tab) > Send to Support, in the email window please add a subject/message with this thread title or thread link and "Attn: Stefane"

Your logs should help us reproduce and resolve the error.

Thank you,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Ok - debugging is running. As soon as it re-occurs, which will likely be overnight, I'll send it in as requested.

Thanks.

Clock6 mths

Got it to re-occur while idling. PC never went to sleep, but RDM must have gone idle on its own. Sent the logs.

Clock6 mths

Perfect, your logs were exactly what I needed. I will now be able to reproduce (provoked) in a controlled environment and should be able to resolve the issue relatively quickly. I will keep you posted.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

To add to this - if RDM is open, and is gracefully closed (I was performing the update to .29) once it restarts again I am prompted for the MFA token twice. When the window first opens, prompting me for the numeric code, 'the code is required' is already visible, implying it attempted to accept credentials I haven't yet entered.

Once they are entered, the window disappears as if I am going to be logged in, then appears again, requiring me to input the key a second time ('the code is required' is visible again as well).

Clock6 mths

Just to keep you informed.

We are still looking into this issue. We have made some progress and identified a few issues and are working on fixes.
- As for the double prompt: first is RDM Cloud Login, second is the datasource login, we are looking at sharing the authentication token when possible
- As for the 'the code is required' it is a "bad message" we validate the form as it opens before you can even enter the code.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Thanks for the update.

Clock6 mths

Reporting that in 2019.1.39.0 this issue persists. Once it goes offline, I cannot access the login screen to go back online, I simply have a blank window. However, this time I hit the 'home' button in the pop-up window (after clicking the orange globe), and it took me to my Devolutions account page. I closed that window, and after a short delay it went back online. It did ask me if I wanted to go into offline mode again after doing this, and I selected 'go offline'.

Clock5 mths

We are investigating the issue. Do you happen to have any application logs related to this? It would help us figure out what's causing this specific behavior.

Regards,

Samuel Baker

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

I have some logs that may help. Can you provide the upload link?

Clock5 mths

Send them to me in a private message
https://forum.devolutions.net/addprivatemsg.aspx?ToUserID=25046

Thank you!

Samuel Baker

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hello Martin, I've made changes that could fix the issue you are having. If your issue still persist after the upcoming update please let me know I'll keep looking into it.

Regards,

Samuel Baker

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Thanks, will do.

Clock5 mths

So far - no issues with 2019.1.40.0. I'll let it go idle overnight and report back to confirm.

Clock5 mths

Good news. Just to let you know. the guys have made another fix related to the minimize of RDM into the tray. We will release another patch later tonight.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

No issues with .40 or .41 in regards to reconnecting to the data source after idling thus far!!

Clock5 mths

Excellent!

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths