Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

View password no longer working for connect string credential

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
We just upgrade to version 2019.01.25 and now the View Password button is no longer showing credential when credential is of type "Connect String". Everything appear empty. Only workaround I found is going in the properties and click on the eye icon to display the connect string. The password appear somewhere in it. This is very time consuming.

Martin

Clock2 mths

Hello,

This issue seems to be caused by the fact that we changed the default value of the "View Permissions" in the latest version of RDM. For this reason, could you please refer to this knowledge base and see if this issue persist https://devolutions.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/kb/view/658964581 ?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

I don't think it's the same problem.
If the credential is of type "Username/Password" I can view the password correctly. But if the credential is of type "Connection String" the view password show empty field.
Both credential have the same permission.

Martin

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply!

Using RDM 2019.1.25 and a user who is allowed to view the password on the "Connection String entry, I am able to view the password.
For this reason, could you please try the following and see if this issue persist:

1- Go in the Properties of your "Connection String" entry, under "Permissions" and set "View Password" to "Custom".
Once this is done, use the blue link to select the user with whom you performed your tests.

2- Create a new connection string entry

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi,
I still have the same problem.

Martin

2019-06-10_094329.jpg
2019-06-10_094421.jpg
2019-06-10_094434.jpg
Clock2 mths

Hello,

Thank you for these screenshots.

I forgot to mention that you would also need to grant the "Execute" permission to your User in order for you to be able to view the password.
That being said, could you please tell me which type of user you are currently connected as? Is it a read-only user?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi,
I just changed all permission for Everyone for View, Edit, Delete, View Password, connect (execute),Edit permission, Entry history and password histor. The problem is still there

My user currently connected in RDM is not a read-only user. I am not the full admin of RDM but I have many permission on some repository (vault). I tested with my co-worker tht is RDM administrator and he still have the same problem.

As you can see in the screenshot I am able to open the view password screen but it seem that credential are not populated from the connection string correctly.

Clock2 mths

Hi,
I ran some other tests. I installed many version between version 14.1.3.0 and 2019.1.27.0 and from my test I can see that the problem started to occur from version 2019.1.15.0.
Attached is a Word file with screenshot for all version that I tested. You can see that starting from version 2019.1.15.0 when you look at the properties of connection string credential, the host, username and password is no longer feeded.

Martin

RDM_Version.docx
Clock2 mths

Hello,

Thank you for this document and for your quick replies.

In order to further troubleshoot this issue, I have opened the ticket Devo-4056 on your behalf.
I will contact you using this ticket to gather more information on that matter and see what can be done to solve this as fast as possible!

Once a solution will be found, I will update this forum thread as well.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi,

I confirm that the problem is fixed in version 2019.1.30.0

Regards,

Martin

Clock2 mths