Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

Template - Folder-Structure?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I want my users to create a customer-folder with always the same structure i.e.

-Customer A
- Server
- Firewall
- Clients

i'm trying to do this by a scripttool-embedded-script. but i can't manage to get the folder the user activated it.

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 mths

anyone a solution to a similar problem?

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 mths

Hello Markus,

Does the user has all required privileges to create the folder from that script?

Is there any relevant error messages available in Help - Application Logs of the user's RDM?

If the user refresh its local cache file, are the newly created folders still exist?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

hi,

there's a misunderstanding.

i want to automate the process.

if i create a embedded script my problem is, that it says "no valid session" as i want to populate a empty folder.

Clock6 mths

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

There a two methods on how to create such structure with a PowerShell script.

The first one is to create the whole folder structure, starting from the parent folder and then creating all child folders. But between each item creation, you need to update the local cache file using the Update-RDMUI cmdlet and this could slower down the creation process.

The other solution is to create a Template group folder and using this template to build the folder structure using the -TemplateID switch with the New-RDMSession cmdlet. Let me know if you need more information on this method.

As this forum topic is related to PowerShell, let me transfer it into the PowerShell Repository section of this forum.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

thanks to erica, problem solved with template-group-folder.

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 mths

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and glad that it's working with the template group.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths