Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Nested smart folder

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

So first of all thanks a million time for the smart folder feature!!! Now can we have nested smart folder? We have a pretty solid naming scheme in my office that I would like to be able to drill down in smart folder after in remote desktop manager. For exemple, since I can easily filter out a location by name I would like to be able after to create a sub-folder for specific application that some server are dedicated for. This way the first smart folder would give me every server I have in Montreal and the sub-smart folder would then give me only my domain controller. I know I could create a lot of side by side folder to do so but I like to have a hierarchy in my folder to easily manage what I see.

Thanks in advance!

Clock6 mths

Hello,
Unfortunately it's not possible to create nested smart folder simply because it's an entry and not a group. However, I could add something like an optional filter that you could use to drill down. For example you could select one or more tags to filter the list.

What do you think?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Not sure if using tags would be possible for me as all my entries are created by a synchroniser that polls all the data from VMware. But yes a filter could be possible if it could be based on the name of the entry.

Regards

Clock6 mths

Hello,

A filter has been added inside of the smart folder's dashboard. This feature currently only works internally but should be available starting from RDM 2019.1.28.0.

Here is what it looks like :

SearchSmartFolder

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

SearchSmartFolder.png
Clock6 mths