Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

RDM 2019.1.20.0 Login Account entry missing

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

we just upgrade from RDM 14.1.3.0 to 2019.1.20.0 with SQL.

When we add information entry, the entry Login (Account ) is no more present in 2019.1.20.0 but still there in 14.1.3.0.

Also if we duplicate Login Account entry in 2019.1.20 the option password generator is no more present. But present in 14.1.3.0

Thanks

login_account.png
Clock7 mths

Hello,

For the Login (account) type, it has been marked as deprecated. To still be able to make one, you need to enable deprecated entries by selecting the option in the bottom left corner of the window:

2019+05+15+13+26+36

For the password generator we will take a look at what is causing the issue.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2019-05-15_13-26-36.png
Clock7 mths

Ho ok!!

I've 2000 entry (Login account), I would like to convert all of them to username/password entry but some of them have website url and in username/password entry there's no website information.

this can be add to username/password entry?

website.png
Clock7 mths

Hello,

Due to some recent mass changes it's possible some features have been replaced or removed from some entries, thanks for telling us.
The password Generator has been added back into the Login(account) entry.

Regards,

Jafran Majeau

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

To answer your query about converting to username/password, for now you should stick with Login (account) entries as we don't have plans to add a URL to the username/password entry.
There is also the possibility of using Website entries, as they are both "information" type entries, and are quite similar to the login (account) type. You can convert your login (account) entries by selecting them and choosing Edit>Edit (special actions)>Convert to Website.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi,

on my 2000 Login account entry I've around 120 who have web url. There's a way to only select those who have web url by a search then convert in batch?

I'm able to export in XLS then have the list but I don't know how I can convert in batch.

Clock7 mths

Finally I found a way! by using advanced search.

Connection type = Login (Account)
URL = http / Contains.

Also I don't see a possibilty to search a field with wildcard. exemple in advanced search if I try so search in URL using wildcard '*' nothing is show. I need to set http or only one letter to get result.

I don't know if it's possible but that could be great to have a possibility in the advanced search to search from a list by hostname or name from txt file or a copy paste list. like this
import

Regards

import.png
Clock7 mths

Sorry to spam you again but in the advanced search the option convert to website is missing.

so for now the only way will be to convert one by one.... so I think I will wait!!

Regards

Clock7 mths

Are you an administrator on your datasource? Through the advanced search I can access Edit>Edit (special actions) and convert to website from there.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi,

weird sometime I can see it and sometime not.

edit+action

edit action.png
Clock7 mths

I took a quick look and from what I can tell, it doesn't show up because you only have one entry selected. Can you confirm this is the only time it happens?

This is a bug and we'll fix it for next build.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Sorry, actually that doesn't seem to be the issue, but I'll keep looking. I'll let you know once I find something.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Well, the only thing I can see is that some of your "account" entries actually also have a "website" entry within them. This is something you could do in older versions of RDM, and that you can enable again with a datasource setting. We can't convert to a website entry if it already has a website entry as part of it. Could you take a look at some of your entries that don't work and see if this is what's going on?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi,

I've finish to convert all of those, only 5 on 2000 having the problem so I recreate manually.

But I not found the pattern to reproduce....

Regards

Clock7 mths

Thanks for the update smile We'll stay on the lookout for the issue. Let us know if it occurs again.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi,

I have 2 questions.

1. Why is the login entry deprecated?
2. What are we supposed to use instead for logins with occasional web sites attached to them that work with the chrome plugin?

\\ Andreas

Clock6 mths

Hello,

1- We had some entries that we're similar. This is why that the login entry has been marked as deprecated.
2- We would recommend using the Website entry type or the Username/Password credential entry type.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Tnx for quick reply!

I find a bit cumbersome to move from the easy Login to U/P and website entries. Especially if you want to add or remove an URL to the object. You need to convert it first.

Will deprecated entries eventually be removed and we are forced into using the suggested ones or is it "safe" to continue using them?

I cast my (and our 30 users) vote on restoring the Login entry. Please smile

\\ Andreas

Clock6 mths

Hello,

The Login Account entry type will not be removed.

If you want to continue to use it, in the New Entry window, click on the ellipsis button at the bottom left and enable the Show Deprecated option.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths