Forum / Password Vault Manager Android - Support

Security Provider options missing on Android App

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

Trying to set up our company RDM Datasource on the Android App, however there does not appear to be an option to set the Security Provider, as we use a Shared Passphrase on our Datasource.

I believe this was avaialble in Version 3.3 (https://forum.devolutions.net/topic27417-devolutions-online-database-rdm-with-own-security-provider--android-rdmpvm-use.aspx#post105156)
But on Version 5.2 it is missing.

Clock7 mths

Hi,

Version 3.3 introduced support for accessing Data Sources that use Shared Passphrase, however the Data Source Security Provider must still be setup from a Windows or Mac version of Remote Desktop Manager.

If you have already setup the Security Provider on Windows/Mac and still cannot access the data source from Android please let us know.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi,

The shared passphrase security provider was configured on the Windows Desktop version of RDM and is working correctly.
But, I either cannot find where or am not promoted, to input the security provider settings so I can put in our existing shared passphrase

Clock7 mths

Hi,

If your security provider is configured with Windows Remote Desktop and it is working with windows, a passphrase prompt dialog should automatically appear on android when you try to connect to the same data source. If you have just changed the setting on the Windows version, try to close and reopen your Android application and refresh the data source (or create it if it doesn't exist). When you say that you cannot find where to input the security provider,
is it on Windows or Android?

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

The data source is configured with the security provider and has been for a year.

The password prompt dialogue never appears on the android app.
I have killed the running android app and relaunched but still have no prompt.

Clock7 mths

Hi,

We have a few questions:

- Can you tell us what is the version number of your RDM Android app?

- Just to validate, when you Open the Security Provider Setting on RDM Windows, which security type is selected: Default, Shared passphrase (v2) or certificate?

- When you try to connect/refresh your data source, the passphrase dialog is not shown and you cannot see your data? can you please confirm

One last thing, can we try to connect to your data source to analyze what is going on and why a dialog is not shown?

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths