Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Navigation Pane not displaying - red X

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I upgraded to the latest version and now I cannot see my connections in the Navigation pane - just a red X (see attached screenshot). Anything I can try? Can I downgrade to an earlier version?

2019-05-09_174034.jpg
Clock10 mths

Hello,

There are a few things you can try to get rid of the red X.

First, try going to the Window tab and click on "Reset Layout". Sometimes, that can fix some Red X issues.

If that doesn’t work, you can try to close RDM, then navigate to %localappdata% -> Devolutions -> RemoteDesktopManager and delete every file with the .lyt extension.

If neither of those methods does the trick, you will have to move the RemoteDesktopManager folder from localappdata to your desktop, then uninstall RDM, reboot your computer, reinstall RDM and move the RemoteDesktopManager folder back in its original place. Once you reopen RDM, the red X should be gone.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

2nd option worked! smile Thanks for the fast response!!

Clock10 mths

I had this problem just now. The "Reset Layout" fix didn't work, but deleting the .lyt files did.

Clock7 mths

I had this problem too. The "Reset Layout" fix didn't work for me. Deleting the all .lyt files solved the problem.

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and glad it works.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Option #2 fixed it for me just now as well. Super annoying and waste of 45 minutes trying to figure it out.

Thanks.

Clock4 mths