Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Problem with paste text on ssh session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I paste a text from one session to another - in another session i gave a text with enter

for example

1 session

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MIIFkTCCA3mgAwIBAgIJANRL/bSUQSRhMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBCwUAMF8xCzAJBgNV
BAYTAlBMMRQwEgYDVQQIDAtNYWxvcG9sc2tpZTEPMA0GA1UEBwwGS3Jha293MQ8w
DQYDVQQKDAZPbndlbG8xGDAWBgNVBAMMD2ppcmEub253ZWxvLmNvbTAeFw0xOTA1

2 session

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

MIIFkTCCA3mgAwIBAgIJANRL/bSUQSRhMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBCwUAMF8xCzAJBgNV

BAYTAlBMMRQwEgYDVQQIDAtNYWxvcG9sc2tpZTEPMA0GA1UEBwwGS3Jha293MQ8w

DQYDVQQKDAZPbndlbG8xGDAWBgNVBAMMD2ppcmEub253ZWxvLmNvbTAeFw0xOTA1

Version 2019.1.3.0

Clock8 mths

Hello,

This is a known issue and we are currently working on it. It should be fixed on the next version of RDM.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion it should be fixed this week, unfortunately we release a new version yesterday 2019.1.4 and the fix is not in there yet.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Under File > Options > Types > Terminal > Advanced there's an option "Use legacy terminal" which solves this and other problems - scrolling with mouse or keyboard, Alt-key, grey text invisible - with the new terminal.

Clock8 mths

Hi,

Indeed this option is a good work around the time we solve the issue with the current issues.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi again,

We are trying to reproduce the Alt-Key and Invisible gray text issues but without success. Could you details the issue or have you step by step how to reproduce them?

Regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

• Alt key example: entering Alt-. (Alt plus Dot key) in a bash shell will insert the argument of the last executed command into the command line. With the new terminal, the menu of RDM is invoked - meaning Alt is not applied to the terminal SSH session inside of RDM but to the main RDM application.
  • Dark gray example: I'm attaching two screenshots of an editor on Ubuntu. The editor in question is Textadept. The dark gray text in the legacy terminal is shown as black in the new terminal and thus made invisible.imageimage

Clock7 mths

We were able to reproduce the ALT-. issue and another issue with ALT+ASCII code, both are open with the engineering department (RDMW-2707 and 2708).

Unfortunately, with my basic Linux knowledge I'm unable to enable the dark mode for Textadept. Have you any way procedure or could you send me at support@devolutions.net the theme you are using with Textadept?

Regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

David,

I'm using the default theme in Textadept. Anyway, another way to generate dark gray text is to execute

echo $'\e[1;30mXXX\e[m'
in a bash shell. That will print "XXX" in dark gray with a black background. With the new terminal it's black on black.

imageimage

Clock7 mths

Hi,

Thanks for this command, I found that the behavior is related to our ANSI black mode, in the SSH Shell entry Terminal > Customize colors > change the ANSI black to 127,127,127. Now the text appears.

SSH+ANSI

That being said, I will have to look with the engineering department about this. We're gonna compare how our previous integration was working for ANSI black RDMW-2721.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

SSH_ANSI.jpg
Clock7 mths

Hello,

The issue when copying/pasting text in SSH is fixed in RDM 2019.1.21. You can download the latest version at https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download

Regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Good news again,

Alt plus dot issues and gray text should be fixed in the next RDM version, 2019.1.22. We might release it soon.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi I'm using RDM 2019.1.21.0 and still having issue when I copy paste. A return line is insert between each line.

Regards

Clock7 mths

Hi,

Could you download RDM 2019.1.25.0 and test if the issue is still the same. You can download it at https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download

Regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi,

same problem! return line between each line.

Regards

Clock7 mths

David,

• the "Alt-." issue is fixed
  • the paste issue is not fixed (actually it has become worse since Unix line endings now also result in an extra empty line
  • the "invisible dark gray text" issue is fixed
  • there's an additional "Alt" issue: Alt-Tab from a SSH session to another application (say browser) and then Alt-Tab back into the SSH session. The SSH session will not receive any key strokes anymore.

Clock7 mths

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the paste issue, the issue appears, in my case, when the source is a text from another SSH entry. That being said, the ticket has been reopened.

Thanks thorsten, I was easily able to reproduce the Alt-Tab issue. Another ticket has been open (RDMW-2826)

Regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi,

from my side, I got same problem even it's in the same SSH session or txt file from notepad.

Regards

Clock7 mths

Hi,

Good news, both of the SSH issues (pasting in SSH and Alt-Tab) has been fixed internally and will be included in RDM 2019.1.26.0.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Since you have the fix - can you please include it in the FREE version as well ?
Maybe in the next release ?

Thank you.

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Indeed, issues are fixes for Enterprise and Free edition of RDM.

In the next version of RDM Free it will be fixe too.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi,
issue is back using RDM 2019.1.39.
When you copy/paste from the same ssh terminal session that with add line return on each line. But if I copy from a text file from Notepad that will not add a line return on each line.
I've to use Use legacy terminal option check to temporary fix the problem.

Regards

Clock3 mths

Just test it from RDM 2019.1.41 and problem is present.

Regards

Clock3 mths

Hi,

I tried to copy text, logs, output with or without empty lines and when pasting them in Notepad or Notepad ++ there is no empty line that appears as before.

Can you describe how I can reproduce the issue? you can send us a video if you want on the forum or by email ticket@devolutions.net

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi,
just send the video to ticket@devolutions.net
Let me know if you got it.
Regards

Clock3 mths

Hi,

Thanks for the video, I was able to reproduce the issue. I open the ticket with the engineering team.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

In the next version of RDM Beta 2019.2.9.0 a fixe will be present for this issue.

When it will be release you can download it from https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths