Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Problem with paste text on ssh session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I paste a text from one session to another - in another session i gave a text with enter

for example

1 session

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MIIFkTCCA3mgAwIBAgIJANRL/bSUQSRhMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBCwUAMF8xCzAJBgNV
BAYTAlBMMRQwEgYDVQQIDAtNYWxvcG9sc2tpZTEPMA0GA1UEBwwGS3Jha293MQ8w
DQYDVQQKDAZPbndlbG8xGDAWBgNVBAMMD2ppcmEub253ZWxvLmNvbTAeFw0xOTA1

2 session

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

MIIFkTCCA3mgAwIBAgIJANRL/bSUQSRhMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBCwUAMF8xCzAJBgNV

BAYTAlBMMRQwEgYDVQQIDAtNYWxvcG9sc2tpZTEPMA0GA1UEBwwGS3Jha293MQ8w

DQYDVQQKDAZPbndlbG8xGDAWBgNVBAMMD2ppcmEub253ZWxvLmNvbTAeFw0xOTA1

Version 2019.1.3.0

Clock12 days

Hello,

This is a known issue and we are currently working on it. It should be fixed on the next version of RDM.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on Monday, May 20, 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock12 days

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion it should be fixed this week, unfortunately we release a new version yesterday 2019.1.4 and the fix is not in there yet.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on Monday, May 20, 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock12 days

Under File > Options > Types > Terminal > Advanced there's an option "Use legacy terminal" which solves this and other problems - scrolling with mouse or keyboard, Alt-key, grey text invisible - with the new terminal.

Clock10 days

Hi,

Indeed this option is a good work around the time we solve the issue with the current issues.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

Hi again,

We are trying to reproduce the Alt-Key and Invisible gray text issues but without success. Could you details the issue or have you step by step how to reproduce them?

Regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock6 days

• Alt key example: entering Alt-. (Alt plus Dot key) in a bash shell will insert the argument of the last executed command into the command line. With the new terminal, the menu of RDM is invoked - meaning Alt is not applied to the terminal SSH session inside of RDM but to the main RDM application.
  • Dark gray example: I'm attaching two screenshots of an editor on Ubuntu. The editor in question is Textadept. The dark gray text in the legacy terminal is shown as black in the new terminal and thus made invisible.imageimage

Clock6 days

We were able to reproduce the ALT-. issue and another issue with ALT+ASCII code, both are open with the engineering department (RDMW-2707 and 2708).

Unfortunately, with my basic Linux knowledge I'm unable to enable the dark mode for Textadept. Have you any way procedure or could you send me at support@devolutions.net the theme you are using with Textadept?

Regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

David,

I'm using the default theme in Textadept. Anyway, another way to generate dark gray text is to execute

echo $'\e[1;30mXXX\e[m'
in a bash shell. That will print "XXX" in dark gray with a black background. With the new terminal it's black on black.

imageimage

Clock5 days

Hi,

Thanks for this command, I found that the behavior is related to our ANSI black mode, in the SSH Shell entry Terminal > Customize colors > change the ANSI black to 127,127,127. Now the text appears.

SSH ANSI

That being said, I will have to look with the engineering department about this. We're gonna compare how our previous integration was working for ANSI black RDMW-2721.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

SSH_ANSI.jpg
Clock4 days