Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

Unable to use Copy User/PW button when Logs Prompted (2019.1.15.0 64-Bit - Local Data Source

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

On any Session that has Log Entry "Prompt for comment on open", the Copy Username and Copy Password buttons on the Ribbon (Home/Clipboard) reopen the Comment on Open dialog.

I can work around the issue by finding the Credential Entry and using the Context menu options to copy the information (or by using the Event typing macro to fill in the information when initially connecting, for example), but it is a bit annoying, as if I attempt to retrieve the user name or password while in the session, the dialog will reappear.

Thanks,

Matt Broadfield

Prompt_2019-04-25_15-32-18.gif
Clock7 mths

Once the Username or Password has been retrieved by other means (context menu, for example) I can use the buttons on the Ribbon without the dialog reappearing.

Matt Broadfield

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Not sure if this is an issue or a normal behavior, since you are trying to copy the username or password of an entry that the logs are enabled on it.
If you enter a comments and press OK, the username will then be copied and it would be possible for you to use it.

However, the Open session comment window, as per his description, should appear at the opening of the session, maybe not on an action on the session.
I have opened a ticket to our engineering department to see what should be the normal behavior in this specific scenario.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Jeff,

Just a point of clarification - When the sessions starts - before connection - I am indeed entering comments. That behavior is both expected and desired. I turned on the option for prompt for opening comments. But it is what happens after connection is already established which I'm reporting.

Here's the scenario: I start the connection, and I'm prompted for comments. I enter my comments and hit enter. The session opens. I work - open SSMS Studio, for example, and go about my business. I need my password, so I click on "Copy Password" and I get the Open Session Comment dialog. I have already entered my opening comments and have no need to enter any further comment and the dialog should not open a second time. If I enter comments on that dialog and hit enter/OK, I click the copy password a second time, I get another dialog, ad infinitum, until I interrupt the cycle as indicated in my opening remarks by using the context menu. Neither username nor password will be copied until the cycle is interrupted. As long as I stay in the process of entering comments and copying from the ribbon, the dialog continues to appear and I enter comments, close the dialog and copy, comment, close, etc. Less than ideal.

As a side note - for me - anyway, I wanted to use the Ticket # field - and it seems like the only place it is available for entry is on the Open Session Comment dialog. I have no other need for the open session comment - so if it were available in the close or insert log comment - that would be nice.

Thanks,

Matt Broadfield

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Regarding the Ticket field in close comment, please create a separate post in our feature request section.
https://forum.devolutions.net/forum17-remote-desktop-manager--feature-request.aspx

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths