Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

Is it safe to upgrade?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi all,

I have 4 [enterprise license] users of RDM. We all use the same shared central database (self-hosted MariaDB).

I really want to use the latest RDM Windows beta client to enjoy the improved SSH/PuTTY/terminal emulator/client, and bug fixes.

Question 1) If I upgrade my existing RDM Windows installation to the latest Beta version, does it upgrade/change the central database in any way?
Question 2) If the answer to Q1 is 'yes', then will all my other RDM Windows users need to upgrade?
Question 3) If the answer to Q1 is 'yes', what about my Mac user? I don't see a beta version available for Mac, so will they be unable to use the central DB?

Thank you!

Clock7 mths

Hello,

In order to guide you properly, which version of RDM Windows and MAC are you currently using?

That being said, we always recommend testing beta version in beta infrastructure.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

My Windows users are on 14.1.3.0 64-bit (released 2019-01-23)
My Mac user is on 6.2.1.0 (released 2019-02-21)

As it's been 3 months now since the last Windows official release, do you know if there is a new one on the immediate horizon?

Clock7 mths

Hi,

RDM 2019 should be released soon, probably in the next week or two.

Prior to use RDM Beta, please perform a database backup. For RDM Windows and MAC they should be able to connect to the database without issues.
RDM 2019 required a database upgrade, it's recommended to test it outside of normal hours to be sure both old RDM version will work properly.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths