Forum / Devolutions Password Hub - Support

Want to understand the goal of password-hub

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

You have 2 products that all store passwords so it's a little bit confusing which to choose?

1) Password Server
2) Password Hub

I am guessing the a) Hub is primarily a cloud version of Password Server b) Due to the nature of cloud - it will be less flexible and feature-rich to the on-premise product especially initially?

How accurate are my guesses?

Thanks

Daniel

Clock8 mths

Hello,

Indeed, we now have 2 different platforms to store your sessions and credentials.
Here's my explaination of both applications:

Password Server
Password Server is an on-premise solution for people who would like to have an internal solution to manage their sessions and credentials properly.
The access management can be done via Active Directory with this product, this means that your users can use their Active Directory account to connect and the role management can be done via AD groups. For more information's on the product, please consult https://server.devolutions.net

Password Hub
Password Hub is a cloud-based solution to manage specific session types and credentials. The interface is pretty simple to use and the same vault can be accessed by several users.
For more information's, please consult https://blog.devolutions.net/2019/04/devolutions-password-hub-beta-is-here

If you need more specific information's please let me know.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Thanks for your response.

So 2 more questions for now

Does Password Hub support the following features?

Can I test Password Hub with Remote Desktop Manager Enterprise?

Thanks

Daniel

Clock8 mths

I guess a better way of framing my question is "what major features besides AD Integration appear in Password Server but are not yet available in Password Hub Beta?"

I know it's not really a fair question to ask the developers a shiny new cloud service but I am trying to choose between Password Server and Password Hub and would love a cloud implementation but not at the risk of losing key features that would be important to me.

Also, I would need privileged access management for SSH which I am not sure is available in either?

Clock8 mths

Hello Daniel,

RDM will not be integrated with Password Hub. Hub will use Devolutions Launcher to start RDP or SSH sessions directly from Hub.

Regarding the main features, there's a lot to mentioned here, so it would be easier if you provide me a list of mandatory features that you are looking for and then, I will guide you properly on which product you should use in your organization.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Thanks for your response.

We are heavy users of RDM so I guess we will have to stick with Password Server for now as we need a team database for RDM?

Clock8 mths

Hello,

Indeed, if you are heavy users of RDM, you best data source is Password Server.
Are you already running this type of data source?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Not yet but about to start trial.

Wanted to get away from on-premise as RDM is so critical to our operations and we really depend on it, so need 110% uptime. Cloud seemed ideal.

Clock7 mths

Hello,

How many RDM user's do you have in your organization?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

6 users.

Clock7 mths

Hello,

With 6 RDM users, if you are looking for a cloud datasource, I would recommend using SQL Azure as your backend database.
It’s possible to authenticate using on this database using your Office365 account and MFA is also supported.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths