Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Android - Support

Android version - how to open sub entries?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

..it may be because I am on a chromebook, but how do you open a sub entry in the android version?

Clock7 days

Hello,

I have moved your topic into the RDM Android section and assigned it to one of our developper.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on Monday, April 22, 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

Hi,

If a connection has one or more sub connections, a hierarchical icon will be displayed next to the icon that opens the popup menu.
If you tap on that icon, another window will open with a list of sub connections. You then Open you sub connection the same way you open a regular connection. There is an example of the sub connection icon in the attachment.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Sub_Connections_In_Red_Square.png
Clock7 days

this doesn't seem to work on a chromebook (running the android app).

btw, the whole chromebook experience needs a thorough review on your side, it's far too much to list what isn't or is barely working (start with F-keys in ssh sessions and the missing macros there)

Clock6 days

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We will investigate.

Can you give us more details on the most important things that are not working? Specific function keys that you use that are not working.
As for macros, they are not yet implemented on mobile platforms. For macros, are you referring to Post Login macros and before disconnect macros?

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock6 days

just start midnight commander and you will see that almost none of the shortcuts are working. No F-Keys (essential), Alt modifier doesn't seem to work (Alt-O, Alt-Enter i tried).

The whole screen emulation seems to be broken/not implemented, try also midnight commander and compare to a unix terminal, there are no lines etc. also it doesn't seem to adapt to changing screen sizes.

these two points are showstoppers so I couldn't really investigate further..

Clock6 days

Hi Perler,

Thank you for taking the time to give us more feedback.

As for the sub connection, we've tested it on a Chromebook and it opens perfectly on our side.

Could it be the session itself? If you duplicate the entry, move it to another folder and try to open it, does it work?

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock6 days

ok, maybe I am just a bit thick. can you send me a screenshot where exactly you click/tap?

Clock6 days

Hi,

The first attachment in our thread highlights the image you need to tap to open the sub connection screen.

The attachment in this reply describes how to open a connection. It works the same from the sub connection screen or the "normal" screen.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

open_session_info.png
Clock6 days

ahh... the share button! this doesn't make sense (please use another icon) but yes, when clicking on the share button the subconnections open.

Clock6 days