Forum / Wayk Now - Support

Wayknow incoming connections timeout ?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm using Wayknow free 3.1.1 on Windows, I run it on my office pc and then I connect remotely from home pc to my

office pc.

All works fine if I connect in few hours, but if I try a connection after 1 or 2 days it's impossible to get a remote working

connection, on home pc I say a message that say it's impossible to connect to xxxxxxx ID.

When I return office I check and I see that Wayknow on office pc is still running and it's in Ready state, but it's no more
able to accept remote connections...., I have to close it and re-open it to have incoming connections working again.

So my question is : is there a timeout validity on SOURCE ID and PASSWORD generated on Wayknow or it should always

work , also after some days ?

However, congratulations for the excellent work, Wayknow is better at every release.

Thanks, regards

Clock10 days

Hello

First, thank you for the positive feedback!

On the target machine (the one you are connecting to), did you install Wayk Now using the .msi, or are you simply using the standalone Wayk Now client and leaving it running?

To answer your question; there is no built-in timeout on the source ID or password. We'd like to get to the bottom of the issue you are having.

Thank you,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock10 days

I'm using the portable versione , this one :

https://wayk.devolutions.net/home/thankyou/waykbin

Thanks.

Clock10 days

Hello

The unattended service would probably be better suited to your use case, but there is no technical restriction that would prevent this from working with the standalone client. So it's possible that you've uncovered a bug or there exists a condition in your environment that we are not accounting for.

Just to confirm - you connect using the Wayk ID, not an IP address or hostname?

Is it likely that the machine sleeps or hibernates between connections?

In all cases, the main thing that will help us is if you can enable logging on both computers, and once the issue reoccurs (i.e. you are unable to connect after the application has been running for several days), you can send us both log files. The instructions for enabling logging are here: https://helpwayk.devolutions.net/index.html?kb_logs.htm. That would be extremely helpful.

In the meantime, if you have other questions or comments, please don't hesitate to post again.

Thanks,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock9 days

Yes, I confirm that I use only Wayk ID to try connection, and the host machine is always turned on, no sleep, no hybernate, no network card turn off.

I'll capture some logs next days so you can check.

Thanks, regards.

Clock9 days

I have the problem yesterday at home, so I attach here the logs of both Wayk programs, the HOST is the pc in office, the one I try to connect from home.
I attach also a picture with error connection.

Thanks for your support.

Regards

WaykNow.log
WaykNow_HOST.log
wayknow_error_1.jpg
Clock8 days

Hello

Thank you for the extra information. We're looking into that issue, and I'll post back here once I have some information

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

Hello again

I wanted to follow up that I have been trying to reproduce this issue, but have not been successful so far.

I notice that you are using a proxy in your office, but I really doubt that is related to the issue.

Shortly we will release the 3.2 version, and it has some broad changes to how we actually connect to the Wayk Den. Once it's available, I'll ask you to update your systems and let me know if the problem is still occurring.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock3 days

Ok, thanks, please could you add my email address to your new release mailing, so I'll be advised when you'll release next Wayknow program.

Regards

Clock2 days

Hello

Yes, sorry I forgot to say that - we will notify you once it's available to download.

Thanks again,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 days