Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

local (hidden) taskbar won't auto-rise when Remote Desktop Manager Free is open

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm running Remote Desktop Manager Free using embedded sessions and even though the RDM is not full screen, my local taskbar, which is hidden by default, will not auto-rise when I mouse over it as long as RDM is open. As soon as I minimize RDM, then my local taskbar will auto-rise when I mouse over it. I believe that if RDM were in full screen mode you'd want to see the remote task bar instead of your local taskbar, but my RDM is smaller than full screen so I want to see both and I can't find any option in RDM to allow my local taskbar to auto-rise when I mouse over it.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to provide us a recording of this behavior? This video can be sent to us using the secure link below:
https://devolutions.sharefile.com/filedrop

Also, which version of RDM Free are you currently using?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on June 24 and July 1st, 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

RDM Free version=5.1.3.0

Some additional information.
If I have a maximized window (say IE) and a not maximized RDM Free, then auto-unhide of taskbar does not work regardless of if IE or RDM Free is on top. If I then restore-down IE the auto-unhide of taskbar starts working.

I've uploaded video

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce this issue using the latest Beta of RDM Free.
Would it be possible for you to download the latest Beta and see if this issue persist?

You can download this version here:
https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/thankyou/rdmfreesetupbeta

Best regards,

James Lafleur

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on June 24 and July 1st, 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Downloaded and am running version: 2019.1.0.0 64-bit and unfortunately I'm seeing the same behavior. It appears that maybe logic to keep the local taskbar from auto-showing when RDM Free is visible is still in effect (assuming that RDM Free is full screen and you don't want the local taskbar to hide the taskbar showing in the RDM window)

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Unfortunately, I am currently unable to replicate this issue in our environment. That being said, I will perform more tests on our end in order to see what might cause this. I will notify you as soon as I find something relevant.

That being said, could you please run the "Winver" command on your workstation and provide me a screenshot of the result?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

See attached for 'winver' screenshot

2019-04-08 16_32_07-About Windows.png
Clock3 mths

Hello,

Thank you for this information.

Would it be possible for you to update your OS to the latest version and see if this issue still occurs?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hmm. OK. so I updated my laptop and now things are behaving OK. Not sure if it was the OS upgrade or the reboot that 'fixed' things or not. I'll continue to use to see if the issue stays fixed or re-occurs. Thank you for the quick help. Very much appreciated.

Clock3 mths

You are more than welcome! I am glad to see that an update of your OS has fixed this issue.
Do not hesitate to contact us again if you require further assistance.

Have a good one!

James Lafleur

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

OK. So the problem re-appeared. I'd been in numerous (local to our company) WebEx meetings and all worked fine. Then this afternoon I had a WebEx with a 3rd party vendor and suddenly during and after this WebEx the taskbar is back to behaving like it did in my original submission. I'm guessing that this 3rd party vendor's WebEx did something requiring me to reboot to fix. I know, still vague, but I was able to reproduce. RDM Free and my taskbar were working 100% great for 15 days but only after this 3rd party vendor WebEx did things go wonky. I'm sure a reboot will fix.

Don't know if this helps any and I don't know if there is any way I can give specific instructions on how to reproduce since I don't know what version of WebEx we are running locally vs this 3rd party vendor

Clock2 mths

Hello,

We have seen this kind of issue with some webex/gotomeeting application in the past, but unfortunately, since we need to be able to reproduce an issue internally to find a fix, it can be very hard to reproduce and sometimes, it's impossible.

That being said, do you remember with 3rd party vendor they we're using exactly with the version? I would like to know if we have something similar internally.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

The 3rd party vendor was Cisco and their webex (minus meeting #) was https://cisco.webex.com/cisco

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Thank you for the information. I'll see if we can reproduce, but it may be difficult/impossible since we are not using this technology internally.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths