Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Start RDP Sessions from Favorites Navigation

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi

Unfortunately I did not find anything in the search or searched incorrectly

We have illustrated the accesses of our departments in 5 Repository.
From all Repository I have put RDP connections together favorites.

If i double-click in the favorites Navigation on the RDP session, I will only be navigated to the corresponding entry in the Repository and can then open the connection.

Since we have a lot of customer data in the vaults, it takes up to 10 seconds to switch between the vaults. (But that's another problem.)

Is it possible to start RDP connections directly via the Favorites Navigations?

Thanks
Simon

Clock9 mths

Hello,

If you are in the same repository as the session in the favorite, the session will start. If not, indeed, the session will only be selected in the repository.

I will move your post in the feature request section and contact our engineering department to see if something can be done regarding this.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi Jean-Francois

Thanks for the feedback.
We will wait and see if the feature request can be implemented.

best regards
Simon

Clock9 mths

Hello,

The improvement has been made as requested and this should be available in the next release of RDM Beta
When the next beta will be available, it would be possible for you to download it from here https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Jean-Francois Dagenais wrote:

Hello,

The improvement has been made as requested and this should be available in the next release of RDM Beta
When the next beta will be available, it would be possible for you to download it from here https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta

Best regards,

Hi Jean-Francois

Nice to hear it.
Thank you very much for the excellent support.

Best regards
Simon

Clock8 mths

Simon Keller wrote:

Hello,

Best regards,

Hi Jean-Francois

Nice to hear it.
Thank you very much for the excellent support.

Best regards
Simon

Hi

Has this already been implemented in version 2019.1.21?

Currently it is not yet possible to start the connections in other Vaults "directly" via the favorites.
There is currently the possibility "Select and Open"

When connecting to a favorite Server, the focus changes directly to the corresponding Vault and marks the server to be started.
After that you have to switch back to your favorites to start the next server.

That's not so cool.

Is it not possible to start the servers in the favorites without leaving the favorites window?

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Let me verify with our engineering department and get back to you.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Let me verify with our engineering department and get back to you.

Best regards,

FYI

Maybe it's because we use DPS and therefore not all features are supported.
I have installed version 14.1.3 again and have the 2019.1.21 version no longer available.
This means that I can no longer carry out any tests at the moment.

https://forum.devolutions.net/topic31856-no-database-upgrade-after-update-to-.aspx

Clock7 mths

Hello,

I had a discussion with our engineering department and it would be possible for us to add a new option to keep the Favorites section selected when opening a session from another repository. What do you think?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi Jean-Francois

Such an option would be very helpful to us.
We have a lot of objects in our favorites and this solution would make it much easier to start from the favorites window if the focus doesn't always change.

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Excellent!

An improvement ticket has been opened. The ticket number is RDMW-2806.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi Jean-Francois
Do you have any news regarding this request?
We updated our DPS and RDM to the latest Version but when we double-click an RDP Session in the favorites Navigation he's still switching to the corresponding Repository.
There is now the possibility to select "select and open", but the view changes back to the corresponding repository.
Is there an option in the settings for this or can you please look at it again?

best regards
Simon

Clock4 mths

Hello,

As I can see, the ticket opened to our engineering department is still open.
I will make a followup with them and get back to you.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello,

The favorites tab will now stay open when double-clicking an entry. This change will take effect in the next beta version.

Regards

Jonathan Del Signore
signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the feedback.
I have tested the latest beta and the connections via the favorites tab now work as desired.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
Simon

Clock3 mths