Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Unable to "Save Document As"

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

We have just come across an issue where if I upload a certificate to the RDM Vault, no one else seems to be able to export/save it out.

They can execute it which then starts up windows certificate manager import process, but the "Save Document As" button is greyed out.

Allow Export is enabled and they have been assigned all the permissions to the entry for their role apart from setting it to Everyone and the entry doesn't expire for another year.

Is there something else I'm missing to get that button to work correctly for my team?

Clock11 mths

Hello,

What RDM version are you using?

What data source type are you connected to? If it is Devolutions Password Server, what version are you using?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Hi Erica,

We are running 14.1.3.0 with a Microsoft SQL Datasource type.

Clock11 mths

Hello,

What type of user does he have (User, Read-only) and what kind of entry is it exactly?
doc

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

doc.png
Clock11 mths

Its a certificate entry and the user is a standard User type.

Clock11 mths

Hello,

Would you be able to send us a screenshot of your DataSource Permissions? Also, do you have the "Use Legacy Security" option checked in Administration -> DataSource Settings?

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Hi Etienne,

Apologies for the delay, I have been side-tracked with some project work.

I have had look over those settings, and I think the issue was caused by having Export set to Never at the root level, as we didn't want people to be able to export passwords out and etc.

I didn't think that it would impact the certificate option but I guess it is technically an export.

I changed that permission over and it all appears to be working now, but now I have the problem of preventing my passwords from being exported.

Is there by any chance a future feature to allow/deny exports at lower levels for entries?

Clock10 mths

Hello,

I will check with the engineering department what would be the best course action here, will keep you updated!

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Hello,

I got a ticket open for your feature request, the number is RDMW-2650.

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Hi Etienne, is there any update on this case?
We have the same issue were we dont allow people exporting and therefore they are not able to export the certificates as well.

It seems there was a solution back in 2014 for this exact requirement: https://forum.devolutions.net/forum/topic26258-export-ssl-certifcates--documents-without-exportoption.aspx

Clock2 mths

Hello,

It is still on the engineering's to-do list! I will check for further details during the next week.

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths