Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

Bug recording session saving file destination

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I'm using RDM 2019.1.9. with MSSQL.

I'm testing recording session, I've change the destination path to "c:\temp" or a DFS path. Sometime the file are not save in c:\temp same for DFS path

It's save in the user profile or in my case because I'm running 2 instance of RDM so the beta is running in portable mode so I found the recording webm file in C:\Tools\RDM\RDM_Portable_2019.1.9.0\FCF3C232-0487-40A3-B8E7-B9AFEE6CD935\Recording\43f1e0ef-afc0-49af-afb6-673d34358a04\file.webm

I never receive any error on warning that RDM is not able to create the file in C:\temp. Nothing in the application log.

I notice that the problem happen when it's a long recording session. like 1 hours to 4 hours. During this period I was not all the time at my desk so my session was lock a few time.

Have you ever had this problem.

Regards

Clock9 mths

Hi,

another update, I try something else. when I record a RDP session at the end if I close RDM without closing or logoff session I will have the same behavior. The video file are save in the user profile instead of the destination I have set in the connexion (C:\temp or DFS)

But this way I got an error message. (unable to save session recording, Please check application logs) in application log error is (Unable to save the recording, the paths are empty.). The path is good for sure because it's saving correctly if I logoff or close connexion... but in that case that could be great to be able to browser to save in another path when we got this message, it's won't be a fix but a good feature in case there's a typo in the path.

Regards

Clock9 mths

Hello,

I did some initial test and wasn't able to reproduce your behavior. I will continue to investigate and keep you updated on that.

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi

see more info, I've set debug level to 3 and see the result when I close RDM when a RDP session still in tab.

error+closing

Hope it will help.

Regards

error closing.png
Clock9 mths

Hello,

I was able to reproduce your issue partially, when I close the application, it doesn't save at all. I will have a ticket open for that.

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hello,

Would you be able to test the latest Beta and tell us if you still experience the issue?

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi,

I'll test this week.

Let you know.

Regards

Clock9 mths

Hi

Sounds good now. When I close RDM without closing or logoff session the file are save in the right directory.

Also test with long time record around 4 hours and work fine for now!

Let you know in case a got an error.

Regards

Clock9 mths

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know!

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi,

I got the same problem with RDM 2019.1.25

I've try to record RDP session in embedded tab then close the tab with X. And got error Unable to save the recording, the paths are empty.

The file is suppose to be save in a share.

But I finally found the file in my local profile.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\199e532a-63fb-4422-9105-cc39f268ca9a\Recording\11246c27-97e9-42fb-ae77-46fa812fe0dc\file.webm

I've try to reproduce but I'm not able at this time...

But I don't know if it's possible but when RDM is not able to save the file, could be great to have a pop-up to browse and save the file where I want?

Regards

Clock7 mths