Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

RDM Beta 2019.1.8 - cant open RDM ...

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi!

Just earlier today enabled Windows Authentication with DVLS/DPS 6.x and switched it on in the client. Seemed to work fine, but the next time the client wanted to load it just flashes a whitebox on screen and then dies. I've installed 2019.1.10 aswell and same behavior there.

How do I switch of Windows Authentication in RDM if I cant start RDM so that I can verify if its a problem with Windows Authentication or something else. Tested to restart my laptop and it didnt help either.

/Kaj

Clock9 mths

OK found under %APPDATA%\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\ the RemoteDesktopManager.cfg file and a BAK file, swapped them around and now I can start RDM again.

Clock9 mths

Hello,

Thank you for the workaround. Restoring the old RemoteDesktopManager.cfg is a good solution.

A ticket is already opened for the Windows Authentication issue in RDM. Once it will be fixed, I will post it here.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi,
We release RDM 2019.1.11 and Windows authentication should be fixed in this version.
The latest beta can be downloaded at https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta
Best regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths