Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Quick Connect to multiple servers

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Team,

Sometimes I may want to RDP to multiple servers at once and it would be nice if I can simply copy and paste the names of the list of servers into the Quick Connect field and just have it RDP to each server one by one.

I do not want to save the RDP entries, as I do not normally connect to these servers. I already have a lot of entries saved and I want to keep it clean.

Always using the latest beta RDM x64 version.
Local data source.

Clock10 mths

Hello,
We could use the ; as separator. What do you think?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi David,

Yes, that will work fine.

Local data source.

Clock9 mths

Hello,

The possibility to Quick Connect to multiple servers has been added.

It will be included in the next release of RDM.

Best regards,

Clock9 mths

Sorry, one more request to extend this a bit further.

Is it possible to do something like this in the Quick Connect field:

server01~server55

So it connects from server01 all the way to server55?

Local data source.

Clock9 mths

This will be a low priority for now.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

also, I've noticed that if you enter in a server name in capital letters, then Quick Connect will treat the whole string as a single hostname. For example:

server1;server2 ----> works

SERVER1;SERVER2 -----> Treated as "SERVER1;SERVER2" and this fails to connect.

Local data source.

Clock9 mths

Hello,

This isn't intended behavior, we'll take a look.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Sorry, just adding one more request to this.

Sometimes, I don't want to use a template and want to use e.g. Keepass to access the servers. The current implementation allows me to connect to multiple servers, but each server connection will prompt me to select a Keepass entry. If the servers I'm connected to are completely different servers in a different domain, then sure this is the behaviour I'd expect. But if I'm connecting to 5 servers on the same domain, I just want to select the Keepass entry just once and let all the servers use this.

Is it possible to add a tickbox for something like "use this credential for the rest of the server connections"?

Local data source.

Clock9 mths

Hello,

That's a good idea, we should be able to add an option like that, we'll add it to our todo.

As for the issue with capital letters, we haven't been able to reproduce. Is it possible for you to test on a different machine or with the portable version of RDM (the zip file)? I'm wondering if a setting we haven't noticed may be causing the issue.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Regarding the capital letters, I think you can ignore this for now. Currently, it works if I don't use capital letters. It might actually be beneficial for me to keep this behaviour as is, because who knows, maybe there may be a server with an actual name like "SERVER;1" and I will be able to connect to it using the capital letters.

Local data source.

Clock9 mths

Hmm, I can't seem to Quick Connect to multiple servers even when not using capital letters. Here's what I'm using:

xa19vda03;xa19vda09

I also tried this:

xa19vda03; xa19vda09

Tested on a brand new installation of RDM with no existing configs or settings.

Local data source.

Clock9 mths

Interesting, with your example host names I'm able to reproduce the issue. We'll take a look at what's causing it.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hello chaoscreater,

We found out the issue and we fixed it.
It will be included in the next release of RDM.

Regards,

Clock9 mths

chaoscreater wrote:

Sorry, just adding one more request to this.

Sometimes, I don't want to use a template and want to use e.g. Keepass to access the servers. The current implementation allows me to connect to multiple servers, but each server connection will prompt me to select a Keepass entry. If the servers I'm connected to are completely different servers in a different domain, then sure this is the behaviour I'd expect. But if I'm connecting to 5 servers on the same domain, I just want to select the Keepass entry just once and let all the servers use this.

Is it possible to add a tickbox for something like "use this credential for the rest of the server connections"?

In addition to the request above, could you please also allow quick connect to multiple servers using the following format:

xa01vda01 ~ xa01vda10

Which will basically connect from server 01~10.

Local data source.

Clock8 mths

Hello,

We'll add it to our feature request list but we can't give you an estimate on when we'll be implementing it at the moment.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Hi Hubert,

It has been 3 months since the last reply. Just wondering if this feature will be added soon? I.e connect to multiple servers in one go using the following format:

server01~server10

Local data source.

Clock5 mths

Hello,

This is still on our todo list, but we'll raise the priority.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hello chaoscreater,

We have added an option to allow range open in "File > Options > User Interface > Quick Connect"
AllowRangeOpen1

The format is: [host][begin_number]~[end_number]

Examples:

• host1~4 : Open [host1 ; host2 ; host3 ; host4]
  • example2host01~3 : Open [example2host01 ; example2host02 ; example2host03]

All changes will be effective in the next update (2019.1.41.0)

Regards,

AllowRangeOpen1.png
Clock5 mths