Forum / Wayk Now - Support

Unable to connect to Wayk Den

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
it's been a week that I cannot connect to Wayk Den, it keep saying "connecting to Wayk Den..." and then "Disconnected from Wayk Den..."

Previously it worked fine.
I am using v3.1.1 Free
What can I do to troubleshoot this?

Thank you,
Roberto

Clock8 mths

Hi Roberto

Are you running the standalone Wayk Now client, or did you install using the .msi (on Windows)?

If you can capture a log file for us, it will help us understand the problem. Assuming you are using the Windows version, go to File > Options, and then navigate to the "Advanced" tab. Change the logging level to "Debug", click OK and then close and relaunch the application.

You can wait a few moments for the client to try and connect. Then send us the log file, which should be in %APPDATA%\Wayk\Logs (you can also find it by returning to Options > Advanced and choosing "Show in folder").

When you have a log file, you can send it to to me via PM, or email to support@devolutions.net and we will follow up.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have other questions or problems, please let me know

Thanks,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Well, magically it works now...
In any case I am using .msi x64 version.

Should I have still problems, I send you the logs.

Thank you,
Roberto

Clock9 mths

Hi Roberto

Thanks for the update, and glad that it seems fixed.

You can try to change the logging level to "Info", so the log file does not grow too large. And then if you have the same issue again, you can send us the file (as above), and we will be able to diagnose the issue.

If you have any other question or problems, please let us know

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

I have the same problem for a week now. Happens every now and then. the logfile is in attachement.

Siegfried

WaykNow.log
Clock9 mths

Hi Siegfried

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with the Wayk Den connection. Thanks for sending over the log file. It does sound like your issue is the same as Roberto, and we'd like to fix that.

I think that the issue probably lies with the unattended component. If you can capture the log from there, it would be very helpful.

First of all, you can stop the Wayk Now service. Either open Services.msc and stop the "Wayk Now Unattended Service", or open an administrator command prompt and run `net stop wayknowservice`.

Next, enable logging by running the following command from an elevated command prompt:

wayk-now config --global LoggingLevel 1

Finally, start the service again - either through Services.msc, or by running `net start wayknowservice` from your elevated command prompt.

It's possible that restarting the service will fix your connection. However, you can leave the logging enabled and the next time the disconnection issue occurs, please send us the log files from %PROGRAMDATA%\Wayk\Logs.

You can either attach to another post, or send to support@devolutions.net.

The log file should not grow too large, but for your information, you can disable logging by following the steps above and setting the logging level to `6` (which corresponds to OFF).

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or further problems, please let us know.

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi,

Just letting you know that we didn't had any connection problems in the last week.

Siegfried

Clock8 mths

Hi Siegfried

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date!

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths