Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Remote Desktop Manager Extension not working with latest ScreenConnect

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Current version in the ScreenConnect market place is 2.4, which doesn't seem to be compatible with the latest ScreenConnect version. Can the extension be updated please?

Always using the latest beta RDM x64 version.
Local data source.

Clock5 mths

Hello,

I have assigned this thread to Hubert, one of our developer, so that he can verify your request.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Just to make sure, do you mean the latest pre-release, ScreenConnect 19.0.22849.7006? As it is a prerelease, it is not currently available for testing for us, as the setup provided to us by the ScreenConnect team is a cloud-based instance. The cloud instances don't seem to get updated with pre-releases. We'll contact them to see if we may get access to the pre-release version on our setup quicker.

To confirm with you for the issue with the extension in the mean time, do you see "load failed" or something of that nature where it should say "active":
2019+03+14+7+59+02

Or is it only giving errors when trying to use the ScreenConnect integration in RDM?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2019-03-14_7-59-02.png
Clock5 mths

Hi Hubert,

Sorry, I should have clarified that we are running 19.0.22849.7006 - so yes we're using the pre-release version.

We see a load error and if we uninstall and install again, we get the same error:

Always using the latest beta RDM x64 version.
Local data source.

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Thanks for the information. I've contacted the ScreenConnect team to see if they can upgrade our instance to the prerelease version so we can make the fix. I'll let you know once we have an update.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Just to let you know, we've found the issue and we have a fix for it. It will require both extension 2.5 as well as RDM 2019.1.9.0 or later.
Extension 2.5 should be released a little after RDM 2019.1.9.0.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Extension 2.5 is now available. You'll also need version 2019.1.9.0 or higher of RDM so the new extension works properly.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hubert Mireault wrote:

Hello,

Extension 2.5 is now available. You'll also need version 2019.1.9.0 or higher of RDM so the new extension works properly.

Regards,

Can it be that extension 2.5 doesn't work anymore with older version of RDM ?

We are using RDM 14.0.5 and receive error "Successfully connected to server, but not able to fetch server information" (translated from Dutch to English).
(see screenshot).

screenconnect_RDMaddon_error.jpg
Clock4 mths

EDIT : Installed latest RDM (2019..1.12) on a test virtual machine and tried to connect --> same error.

So it is not the RDM version that is causing the issue.
Can it be the extension itself ? we didn't have issues before upgrading the extension from 2.4 to 2.5

Clock4 mths

Hello,

What version is the ScreenConnect server instance you connect to? Is it older than ScreenConnect 19?

Also yes, the minimum required RDM version for extension 2.5 is 2019.1.9.0. Using the extension on an older version of RDM won't work.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi Hubert,

We are using ScreenConnect service instance version 6.9.21870.6964
(see screenshot).

As far as I know, version 6.9.x.x is a stable version and version 19.x.x.x are experimental versions.
But please correct me if I'm wrong.

Otherwise I have to look if I'm able to upgrade from version 6.9.x to 19.x.x.

ScreenConnect server instance version.jpg
Clock4 mths

Hello,

The changes we've made to the extension were strictly to support version 19. We may have caused an issue with version 6.9 with our update as a side effect, so we'll take a look.

Can you check in the RDM application logs if there is more information on the error you're getting? You can access them in Help>Application Logs.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi,

I have 2 errors in the application log :

First one :

System.Net.WebException: De externe server heeft een fout geretourneerd: (500) Interne serverfout.
bij System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
bij Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Helpers.ScreenConnect.ScreenConnectHelper.c806ca9c37977f2694ab50d9983cf9406(Uri c5037b87218d33968ed5997f1e6129673, String ce3fdffbfdaf778b0b6e1bed746c5e5f0, String c5f4fb67d45af188491bb0f4d5eff06d8)

Second one :
GetServerResponse uri=<my servername> url=App_Extensions/1b088c99-69bd-43e6-8176-14a3a9af0552/Service.ashx/GetInstallerUrl requestBody=["msi","" , []]

(in the second one I masked my server name)

Clock4 mths

Have you resolved the issue? Here is the best solution of this issue.

Clock4 mths

carolamos143 wrote:

Have you resolved the issue?

Not resolved yet, are you experiencing the same problem ?

Clock4 mths

@Ron: Could you try to set the "user display name" to a non-default value (or the default value) in your ScreenConnect entry in RDM? Some of our users have been getting issues when they use/don't use the user display name.

@carolamos143: Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce on our test setup. These issues are difficult to diagnose as they seem to be caused by the differences in the server configuration or other extensions modifying how ScreenConnect works. Because of that, we can't be sure of what changes we would need to bring to either RDM or the extension to fix the current issue.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi Hubert,

I have LDAP configured on the ScreenConnect server and so I use Windows credentials to log into the server and start RDM sessions.

Up until last week, this worked perfectly.

I've tried setting it to default or another value, still can't connect.

I'll try talking to a tech support guy from ConnectWise to see if I can upgrade to version 19.x without additional costs

BTW : see screenshot, these are the upgrade options. As said earlier, version 6.9.x is the stable version while 19.x are the experimental ones.

ScreenConnect upgrade options.jpg
Clock4 mths

Hello,

We'll modify our setup to test with LDAP, thank you for the information. I suspect the issue would occur both on 6.9 as well as 19 since we haven't made any change in regards to this authentication method.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Any update on this issue ?

I've found something in the Application log which could be helpfull.

Error :

System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
bij Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Importers.ContactOutlookImporter.ca505697887085e420858b28e97a741bd(NameSpace c8f6c252014042057d9e2afbbab0119aa, ContactItem c794ffc578afe6dc22be072f97c413273)

Message translation from Dutch to English : the object reference is not set to an instance of an object.

No idea why importing contacts in Outlook would break the connection to ConnectWise cloud instance, but after this event occured we seem to have that problem.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

We're still in the process of setting up the instance in LDAP.

I don't think the outlook import failing should have any impact on ScreenConnect's connection. Just to make sure, you could check your task list and make sure that all outlook processes are closed. The worst that should happen if you encounter an issue while importing from outlook is that a hung up outlook process may stick in the background.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi Hubert,

By accident I stumbled yesterday upon a blog post from ConnectWise that there should be a new version of ConnectWise Control

https://www.connectwise.com/blog/remote-support/control-q1-2019-product-recap

Indeed, it now gave me the option to upgrade to new stable release 19.0.23234.7027, which I did yesterday evening.
After the upgrade I was able to connect again to our customers, using RDM 14.0.5 (using the RDM extension 2.5 on CW).

So the problem is solved for us, hope you can do something with this info.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Can you confirm if it also works on the latest RDM 2019 beta for you? You can just test the ZIP version on a local datasource.
If you're using extension 2.5 and Connectwise 19, RDM 2019 should work the same as RDM 14, since we didn't change much on the RDM side. Perhaps they fixed an issue on the stable release of Connectwise 19.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi Hubert,

Sure, I can give that a go.

I will install RDM latest beta on 1 of our VM's and then test it for you.
Will come back when I have the info.

EDIT : it turns out I have RDM 2019.1.12.0 already installed on 1 of our VM's and just tested, Screenconnect works perfectly.

Clock4 mths

Thanks for testing. If you encounter any other issue, please let us know. We'll still be setting up an LDAP environment so we can conduct a wider variety of tests, in case anything of the sort comes up again.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

I am also facing same issue and it resolve my issue.

Clock3 mths