Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

XML Import for Winbox

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

We have a large amount of WInbox entries we want to import into RDM trough XML. Only problem is we cant find a way to import the Host, Username and Password into the entry.

When we extract the XML of an existing Winbox entry most of the important stuff is hiden in an <Properties>MD5-Hash</Properties> line.

Anyone got an idea how to add the vital information for the Winbox entry?

Clock5 days

Hello,

If the export proprieties value are hash, I'm not sure if RDM can import it, when you import the xml have you any errors?

That being said, are you able to export the entries as CSV directly from Winbox?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried the following and while i dont get any errors i just get an empty Winbox entry.

<ArrayOfConnection>
<Connection>
<AddOn>
<AddOnDescription>Winbox for Mikrotik AddOn</AddOnDescription>
<AddOnVersion>2.8.0.0</AddOnVersion>
<UserName>Test</UserName>
<Password>TEST2</Password>
<Host>11.11.11.11</Host>

</AddOn>

Clock5 days

Hi,

I had a chat with the engineering department and Winbox entries could not be imported as XML if they have not been export by RDM. The line properties is encrypted by RDM.

I recommend posting a feature requests, kindly post them on the forums at https://forum.devolutions.net/forum17-remote-desktop-manager--feature-request.aspx

This will allow the community to demonstrate interest in your idea. We use this interest to prioritize the features we implement.

That being said, have you looked if you can export entries from Winbox in CSV format?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock4 days