Forum / Wayk Now - Support

WaykNow for Mac osX

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is it possible to use a MDM to deploy wayk to my users with a local admin password to devices? They are all Apple MacBook Air's

Clock5 mths

Hello

On macOS, we distribute a .dmg (disk image), but the app inside is just a regular .app package. The app doesn't require any specific privileges or permissions to run, and can simply be deployed onto the system and then run by regular user. There is not currently any .pkg, installer or script involved.

I'm not too familiar with MDM - but if you can let us know the specific MDM solution you are using, we might be able to offer some more guidance.

And please post back with any follow up questions or comments!

Thanks,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

We are using Mosyle - and what I need to be able to do is access the remote device when it is unattended.

Clock5 mths

Hello

Thanks for the information, I wasn't familiar with Mosyle.

We don't currently support unattended access on macOS or Linux; at this point it is a Windows-only feature (which we launched in the second half of last year).

It is in our roadmap, but isn't likely to be completed within the next 6 months.

The implementation will logically require a .pkg or some kind of other installer, and at that time we should be able to provide guidance on how to use it with MDM.

Thanks for your patience,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

The other issue I am experiencing with WaykNow on osX is that when installing the app on osX - the default settings on the host do not allow the remote to control the screen.

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Sadly, this is out of our hands. In macOS 10.14, Apple quietly changed the default system permissions for simulating input. They basically removed that capability without explicit user permission.

This is a change that affects lots of applications, including all 3rd party remote desktop / remote support software.

We are looking at ways we can streamline the interface to get the proper user permissions.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and please let us know if you have other questions or problems.

Thanks,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths