Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Lastpass Integration do not recognize new entry and "secure note"

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi!
I'm trying to use for the 1st time LASTPASS as pswd repository for RDM (Lastpass as credential entry for RDM).
The integration seems to works fine, but I'm surprised to found that the new Lastpass entry is not recognized from RDM at all, and that the secure note (where you can put for example SSH credential or other IT access) do NOT work.
Seems that only the URL credential entry are show when you check "select from list"
Any suggestions?
I'm using RDM 14.1.3.0 and Lastpass plugin for Chrome

REgards
P.

Clock10 mths

From other test I performed today. Seems that RDM reads the LASTPASS DB only the 1st time (??!!??) and only for the Items "PASSWORD".
SECURE NOTE are not recognized...

I tryed to delete the credential entry several times, but DB are not read correctly anymore!

P.

Clock10 mths

Hello,

Could you please provide me a screenshot of the new LastPass entry which is not recognized in RDM along with screenshots of the configuration of your LastPass entry within RDM? These screenshots can be sent to ticket@devolutions.net . Doing so will automatically create a ticket in our system.

Also, I will try to reproduce the issue where Secure Notes from Lastpass are not shown in RDM using our test environment.
Furthermore, I will contact our engineering department in order to see how RDM reads Lastpass database in order to provide you more information on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi James.
There are 2 different problem here.
The 1st I think is related to the fact that RDM do not "update\refresh" the LastPass entries when new entry is inserted. Even pushing the "refresh button, do not update the Lastpass entries. WorkAround = Close RDM and RE-Open. At satartup seems that RDM "read" again the Lastpass DB...
The 2nd problem is related to Lastpass Secure Notes... that is not recognized...
P.

Clock9 mths

Hello,

Thank you for this clarification.

As you mention the fact of restarting RDM will refresh the LastPass cache inside RDM. The reason for this is that this cache is kept for as long as RDM is opened, once it is closed and reopened a new cache is created. Could you please try to check the "Always ask password" box inside your LastPass entry and see if your entries are now updated?

As for the Secure Notes not being recognized, I have been able to reproduce this issue. I will contact our engineering department and see what can be done about this.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

NO It do not work...
The pswd is asked only the first time .
The second time, it use the DB in cache... even if "always ask for pswd" is checked...

Clock9 mths

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply. I just had the confirmation that this behavior was caused by a limitation of the API of LastPass.
You were correct when you mentioned that the only way to refresh this cache was to restart RDM. This is not something that we can change.

As for the "Always Ask for Password" box, it will ask you for your password only once after having launched RDM, one you receive this prompt, you won't receive it again until your restart RDM.

The only alternative would be to configure a two-factor authentication on your LastPass account.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths