Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

cannot activate Safenet 2FA

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Just installed Devolutions Password Server version 6.1.3.0
Installed the .Net authentication API of Safenet. Used the included apitestclient to test authentication to safenet cloud: OK.
When I try to activate 2FA safenet for a user, after entering the validation code, I Always get the following error:
InvalidCastException - Unable to cast object of type 'Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.SQLiteConnectionDataSource' to type 'Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.RDMSConnectionDataSource'.
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.TwoFactor.FrmSafeNetConfiguration.c6a337293cf4033db602c6908012c1124(Object c19f185fd70cefc696ba148af1c4faf54, EventArgs cf1018bb83ec7debd818319fd3cb4844e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Any idea how to solve this?

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Have you followed the instructions on the following online documentation?
https://helpserver.devolutions.net/2fasettings-safenet.htm

What version of SafeNet are you using?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Yes, I followed that article.
File used from Safenet was: 610-013395-002_SafeNet_Authentication_Service_Authentication_API_for_.Net-v1.2.1-GA-RevA

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

I am not sure if this API is currently supported. I will have to check with the engineering team. According to what I know, it seems that we are supporting the SafeNet BlackShield ID .Net Authentication API. I have created the ticket DEVO-2194 with the information you sent us by email. As soon as I will get an update, I will post the information on this thread.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

that's the same API. Gemalto only left out the blackshield ID name, but in eg the registry, it still points to HKLM\Sofftware\CryptoCard\blackshield ID\BSIDAPI

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Thank you again for the information.

Where is located the SafeNet API files on your computer? That will surely be helpful!

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

path on the server is: C:\Program Files\Gemalto\DotNetAPI

Clock7 mths