Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

RDM 2019.1 bugs

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

@Jeff

okay i think i have found the Problem. The new Terminal reacts differently to the old one:

- New Terminal: SSH Agent Setting + Agent Forwarding setting active, but selected valid Repository Credentials = SSH disconnect error
- Old Terminal: SSH Agent Setting + Agent Forwarding setting active, but selected valid Repository Credentials = RDM use Repository Credentials

I must say: The Agent have one invalid Key, that can not work with the Testserver. All my Sessions have the Agent Settings active:

SSH Shell Rebex issue:

THanks after disable Local Echo, all is working now. Local Echo is active after convert SSH-Shell to SSH Rebex Shell.

A Second Problem: in Rebex SSH i cant change Font or Font-Size in the Session Settings. I can save it, but the Session use only a unknown Font:
Screenshot: Close Session, set Windings as Font and open new Session, Font is not "Windings"

connect.zip
Clock16 days

Not sure if this is by design or a bug, but column settings aren't retained with the Active Directory dashboard entry. I add additional columns but if the entry is closed and re-opened, it defaults back to the two column view.

Clock16 days

@systemadministration, thank you for the detailed post. I will analyze this with our engineering department.

@Martin_, could you post a screenshot of the issue please.

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on Monday, April 22, 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock16 days

Here's what it looks like by default:
And here's what it looks like after adding all the columns:

It will revert back to the first example upon closing and re-opening.

Clock16 days

@systemadministration,

Our engineering department will analyze the logs that you have attached to your post.

Regarding the SSH shell font issue, on my side, when I select Wingdings for the font name and start my SSH Shell Rebex session, I see the following:
2019 04 02 15 34 20

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on Monday, April 22, 2019.

signaturesignature

2019-04-02_15-34-20.png
Clock16 days

@Martin_,

I am not able to reproduce your issue on RDM 2019.1.11.0 and 2019.1.12.0.
What version of the beta are you running?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock16 days

Jean-Francois Dagenais wrote:

@systemadministration,

Our engineering department will analyze the logs that you have attached to your post.

Regarding the SSH shell font issue, on my side, when I select Wingdings for the font name and start my SSH Shell Rebex session, I see the following:

Best regards,

Thank your for the reply. Sorry my bad: I have set a Font In global Settings.

But what are the priority? I thought first come Session Settings, if default so global Settings?

Summary: I have only Agent / SSH Connect / sSpeed issues with the new Terminal. The old one fixed the Problem

Clock16 days

Jean-Francois Dagenais wrote:

@Martin_,

I am not able to reproduce your issue on RDM 2019.1.11.0 and 2019.1.12.0.
What version of the beta are you running?

Best regards,

Disregard - user error.

Clock16 days

@systemadministration,

The settings configured in the global settings will have priority to the settings configured inside the session.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock15 days

Some more text cut off in the add-on update dialog box on version 2019.1.13.0:

Receiving this error when going to 'Help>About', however it appears I am able to connect to the data source (error report sent):

Lastly, every time I open RDM, the add-on manager opens up, seemingly prompting updates to add-ons, but even after selecting everything and restarting, it asks again:

Additional note: going into the Add-On manager after RDM is opened presents a number of issues. Already installed add-ons are blue, but do not have the green checkmark, and present the option to install. If I select install, I am presented with the option to uninstall, then it repeats indefinitely. It doesn't seem to be parsing what is or is not actually installed. Selecting the 'Check for Updates' button also forces the Add-On manager window to open.

Clock14 days

Hello Martin,

the wordwrap issue is already reported here wink

I guess for a better overview it would be better to create seperate threads for new issues - slowly it's a bit confusing because of the many mixed / different issues in this one thread smile

Regards,
Min

Clock14 days

OK, moving forward I'll create new threads.

Clock14 days

systemadministration wrote:

Hi,

i have many issues with all 2019.1 Beta Versions:

- SSH is very slow every Keystroke have 1 second delay ( can only use putty as SSH Session without issues).

Using 2019.1.13.0 64bit seeing same. SSH very very very slow. full screen repaints can take a long time, tabbing between boxes unusable.

Putty sessions work fine.
Rebex gives double characters.

Clock10 days

Hi @pgordemer

For the Rebex double characters, just turn off the "local echo" check box in the "terminal" tab.

For the 1 second delay on key strokes, I would like it if you could send me the logs (with verbose enabled) of the connection to the server. "Advanced" tab, check "verbose", check "enable logging", "log mode" set to "event".

I also have a few questions:
If you write a command that generates lots of output, does this output appear slowly?
What is the value of the "Max scrollback lines" field in the "terminal" tab, "general" sub-tab?

I never experienced performance problems in our test environments, so it will be hard to figure out what is going wrong. But I will do my best.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock10 days

Denis Vincent wrote:

Hi @pgordemer

For the Rebex double characters, just turn off the "local echo" check box in the "terminal" tab.

For the 1 second delay on key strokes, I would like it if you could send me the logs (with verbose enabled) of the connection to the server. "Advanced" tab, check "verbose", check "enable logging", "log mode" set to "event".

I also have a few questions:
If you write a command that generates lots of output, does this output appear slowly?
What is the value of the "Max scrollback lines" field in the "terminal" tab, "general" sub-tab?

I never experienced performance problems in our test environments, so it will be hard to figure out what is going wrong. But I will do my best.

Regards

Max scroll back was 2000, have been that way as long as I can remember. Just set it to 200 and tried it again. Still no go.

In this example I am using SSH to a Centos 7 server in terminal mode. If I run something like top, it has to paint down the lines, will take almost 3 seconds to fill the screen, usually it is instant. When it refreshes in 2 seconds, it has to redraw the page again. Single letter commands like ENTER, need to be pressed 3 or 4 times in order to take.

Here is a quick log, I just logged in, did a TOP, HTOP and MC, logout

[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Setting up connection
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Connecting as root
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] SSH banner: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_7.4
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Sending kex init
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Received kex init
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Selected algorithms: curve25519-sha256, ssh-ed25519, chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com, chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com, implicit by cipher, implicit by cipher, none, none
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Sending Ed25519 kex init
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Received Ed25519 kex reply
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Successfully authentified server
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Sending new keys message
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Sending userauth service request
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Received new keys message
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Received service accepted message
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Sending userauth init request
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Received userauth failure: publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Starting password authentication
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Sending userauth password request
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Received userauth success
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] User authenticated successfuly by password
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Sending session channel open request: 0/-
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Received global request: hostkeys-00@openssh.com , no need to reply
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Received channel open confirmation: 0/0 WS 200000/0 MPS 32000/32768
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Sending pty request: 0/0 xterm
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Received channel success: 0/0
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Sending environment variable request: 0/0
[4/8/2019 2:29:33 PM] Sending shell request: 0/0
[4/8/2019 2:30:14 PM] Received channel exit status: 0
[4/8/2019 2:30:14 PM] Sending channel close request: 0/0
[4/8/2019 2:30:14 PM] Received channel EOF: 0/0
[4/8/2019 2:30:14 PM] Received channel close request: 0/0
[4/8/2019 2:30:14 PM] Channel is closed: 0/0
[4/8/2019 2:30:14 PM] Disconnecting

Clock10 days

Hi @pgordemer and @systemadministration

I am working on the performance problem, just to weed out some potential problems: do you use syntax highlighting? If yes, how many keywords and do you use regex?

Thanks for your time.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock9 days

I do not use syntax highlighting.

Clock9 days

dvincent wrote:

Hi @pgordemer and @systemadministration

I am working on the performance problem, just to weed out some potential problems: do you use syntax highlighting? If yes, how many keywords and do you use regex?

Thanks for your time.

Added what I have tested.
1. Tried on 3 different computers all running Windows 10 64 bit, SSH very slow and mostly unusable.
2. Putty in RDM sessions work correctly.
3. Tried my existing entries and created new entry with default SSH and no setting/session changes other than adding up, login name and password.

Not sure at what point it started, but I have loaded every beta as it came down, some I am thinking it started around 2019.1.10? and I probably didn't notice since SSH us only used a few times a week.

Clock3 days

Thanks @pgordemer for the infos. I have made improvements to the graphic rendering of the terminal. Although it was totally usable here, I still was able to measure significant speed improvement, so I hope it will fix this problem for you. Right now I am fixing other minor bugs, but all these fixes should be available in the next beta version.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock3 days

dvincent wrote:

Thanks @pgordemer for the infos. I have made improvements to the graphic rendering of the terminal. Although it was totally usable here, I still was able to measure significant speed improvement, so I hope it will fix this problem for you. Right now I am fixing other minor bugs, but all these fixes should be available in the next beta version.

Regards

Not sure if it made it into 2019.1.14.0 64bit - but I am not noticing an improvement.

Clock2 days

@pgordemer

The changes did not make it in the 2019.1.14 version. It will be available in the .15 version, in 1 week more or less.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock2 days