Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

RDM 2019.1 bugs

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi @pgordemer

I just fixed the F10 focus bug. It will be available in the next version.

Best regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

dvincent wrote:

Hi @pgordemer

I just fixed the F10 focus bug. It will be available in the next version.

Best regards

Conformed....

Clock3 mths

congrats on final release Buddies

Clock3 mths

Hello,

After updating from 2019.1.25.0 to *.29.0 ssh login is not possible anymore.
I attached screenshots from a simple test connection.

Any idea to get it working again?

BR
Tobias

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Clock2 mths

Hello Tobi,

Please apologies for the issue, as a work around you can enable the legacy terminal under File > Options > Type > Terminal > Advanced.

That being said, I was not able to reproduce the issue and I would like your logs for further investigation. Please refer to this SSH Log and Verbose help topic for details on how to export logs and verbose.

You can send these logs by email at ticket@devolutions.net .

Regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi David,

Thanks for the workaround, it works!
Unfortunately I'm not able to create the needed logs, because of "UnauthorizedAccessException".

UnauthorizedAccessException - Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\logs" wurde verweigert. bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedNativeSshShell.c1822294031ce1843ab52320e2664739b(Object c19f185fd70cefc696ba148af1c4faf54, LogType ce0cd48f0f91666b75f66eead53be0478, String c09096c8745cd2d126708e64169238ea0) bei Devolutions.Protocols.VT100Terminal.OnLog(UInt16 logType, String text) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj) bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

I've tried different folders with write permission for all users, but I'm local admin with all rights.
Restarted RDM, but every time the same error message.

Any idea?

Thanks!
BR,
Tobias

Clock2 mths

Hi,

Could you confirm if under the Advanced tab, log path has a file name with extension. Example : log_ubuntu_srv.log in the print screen below.

SSH+Log

Regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

SSH_Log.png
Clock2 mths

Hi David,

My fault, took the name "path" directly.. Brick Wall
Send the logs via email.

Thanks!

BR
Tobias

Clock2 mths

Hi Tobi,

Thanks for the logs, after reviewing it with the engineering department they found the issue. It will be fixed in the next beta version of RDM 2019.1.31.0.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello,

With the new *.34 version and the new ssh terminal, I have a "new?" problem.
Open a config file with "view" "vim" and go down the line, the terminal is going into some strange (write) mode which I cannot exit. So "ESC : q" to quit is not possible. It seems to hang also, because CTRL+C is even not working.

After activating the old terminal, everything is fine.

Do you have it on you list?

BR
Tobi

Clock21 days

Hello Tobi,

I tried with Vi, Vim and Nano (CTRL + X, for nano) and the keyboard and the ESC seems to work. Have you any Keyboard or Terminal configuration in the session?

Also, could you send us a print screen of the issue?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock20 days

Hi David,

Normaly no, but I found that my colleague set "linux" as terminal, because of codepage problems with MC/YAST (display of frame etc.). I guess in pre-releases we had some problems with that and "linux" as terminal worked.

With activated "linux" terminal, VIM is jumping through all modes and I don't can use "ESC > :q". With CTRL+q I can exit the mode and are able to enter :q.
I tried without "linux" and the new termial, MC and YAST is looking good and no problems with VIM.

BR
Tobi

vim1.png
vim2.png
vim3.png
Clock17 days

Hi Tobi,

Thank you for the follow-up, we are glad that the default terminal mode (xterm) is working fine.

Thanks also for the print screen, I'm I understand that the issue is solved by using the default terminal mode?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock16 days

Hi David,

Yes and no smile
Yes, the strange issue comes with switching the terminal to "linux". But just with the new terminal, with the old one "linux" terminal is working.

With the new terminal, POS1 and END is not working in the shell.
Do you have some deeper information about the new terminal what should work and not?

If I use "linux" POS1 and END is working, without not.

Bug or feature?

Best regards,
Tobi

Clock10 days

Hi Tobi,

We will investigate why POS1 and END are not working in the new SSH Shell integration. I opened a ticket (RDMW-3198) with the engineering department.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock9 days

@Tobi

I would like to clarify some things: are POS1 and END keys or commands? If they are keys, is POS1 another name for HOME? And if they are commands, what kind of host support them and where could I get them?

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock19 hrs

Hi Denis,

Yes, they are keys of the keyboard.
Sorry, POS1 and ENDE are german layout, HOME and END are the english layout.

BR
Tobi

Clock19 hrs

Hi Tobi,

Thanks for the info. I think I will need some more: I assume that when you say "switching the terminal to linux", you mean setting the "Function keys mode" (Funktionstaten Modus) in the "Keyboard" (Tastatur) tab to "Linux". I also assume that, when you are not using linux, you set the same field to "Default" (Standard).

If so, it is very strange because both the legacy and the new terminal will send the exact same sequence whether this field is set to Default or Linux. The only other field that could interfere I guess is "Override terminal type" (Terminaltyp überschreiben) in the "Terminal" tab. In what context can you confirm that the Home and End keys do not work?

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock14 hrs