Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

RDM 2019.1 bugs

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

A couple small bugs I noticed in the latest beta:

• Under Home tab, View section, right clicking any of the icons and pinning to top menu bar, the iconography looks like this:
  • The navigation pane UI is still bugged. Ticket Devo-1523

Clock8 mths

This is a know issue. Thank you

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Hello,

About your ticket, I'm not fully sure why it was closed, I will have a new ticket open for that a notify you on where the bug is directly on the ticket, sorry about the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Thanks!

Clock8 mths

Is this a bug or expected behavior? When using the advanced search within the navigation tree, WaykNow is missing as a connection type. I have a number of WaykNow connections in the database, however they are all child entries of RDP connections.

Clock8 mths

@glaza That's a bug, Good catch!

Indeed if a type are only subconnection, the advance search won't be able to find it. Adding a wayk connection ( not as sub-connection ) should reveal all the wayk connection type in the advance search for a temporary workaround.

Thanks for reporting this, it should be easy to fix.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Adding another possible bug...

The colored borders around an open session appear to be stuck at 1 pixel, despite being set to 5, or anything else. I'm using the black theme.

imageimage

However, when the session is opening and it 'flickers' I can briefly see the desired border width. I've closed / re-opened RDM several times, and changed the border thickness multiple times.

Clock8 mths

Thank you. I have fixed the border issue.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

nevermind my last post (2.6.19). user error...

Clock8 mths

How can I activate session recording in beta version? I want to record only active *.rdp session not the whole window of application.

Clock8 mths

The recording is included in the beta but only with SQL Server data source. The next beta will enable it for all data sources.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Thanks for your answer. How can I configure it to record only window of active *.rpd session and not the whole app window?

Clock8 mths

Is this a graphical artefact or intended?:

imageimage

Clock8 mths

Yes indeed, these are graphic artifacts. One has already been fixed and will be available in the next version. But there is one that went unnoticed until now. I'll fix this right away and it should be available in the next version too.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Thank you Denis.

Clock8 mths

Hello Martin,

The issue where entry types only found as sub connections in your tree wouldn't appear in the "Connection type" combobox of an advanced search should be fixed starting from the next version of RDM.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Thank you!

Clock8 mths

Hello @Martin-GLAZE,

The advance search issue is now fixed internally and will be available in the next release.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Thanks Alexandre.

Two new bugs in 2019.1.6.0:

• Whenever I attempt to open any Wayk Now sub-connection, using the cloud Wayk Now method, I receive this error and this error log:

ArgumentException - The path is not of a legal form.

at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
    at System.IO.Path.InternalGetDirectoryName(String path)
    at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.WaykManager.InitLog()
    at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Connectors.EmbeddedWaykConnector.CreateFrame(EmbededConnectionResult result)
    at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Connectors.EmbeddedConnector.Connect(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
    at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection(Connection connection, OpenConnectionParameter parameter)
    at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnections(Connection[] connectionList, OpenConnectionParameter parameter)
    at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.c2d3a897d165d9e56a0d53f388986ac51(Connection[] cfabc0254f46d7d8ae5a71db9e5a0b5b5, OpenConnectionMode c602973c05c2f5870e41c508b048b13c5, IConnectionSource c5b7a41272702648f46cf77ee6b3a92cb)
    at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.OpenConnections(OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode, IConnectionSource source, Boolean checkOpenedConnection)
    at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.SessionMenuManager.c552f6de7933b91b08a4107f7410f30d0(Object c19f185fd70cefc696ba148af1c4faf54, EventArgs cf1018bb83ec7debd818319fd3cb4844e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Clock8 mths

The second error is a small visual bug:

• Using the black theme, a highlight entry shares the same color as the carat, making the carat invisible:
    • There should be a carat next to the parent RDP entry.,

Clock8 mths

Additionally, attempting a Wayk Now connection from the quick-connect title bar item results in this error, for any connection:

Clock8 mths

Hi, we made some changes, the wayk now issue should be fixed in the next patch.

Regards,

Samuel Baker

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Thanks Samuel!

Clock8 mths

I've been able to do something for the arrows:

ArrowBlack

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

ArrowBlack.png
    Clock8 mths

Hi,

About your quick connect issue. Do you use a Wayk Now template? If so make sure the Power On Mode is set to "None" in the Events/Before Connect tab or that the MAC Address is correct in the Information tab.

Regards,

Samuel Baker

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

@David - thank you.

@Samuel - I am using a template. Since I am getting that error when I launch the connection from the 'Quick Connect' object, does that mean by default it uses the relevant template if one exists? How does it prioritize?

Clock8 mths

The upper templates are empty templates with default empty values. If you only need an IP and password to connect you can use this. If you really need the template you can remove the Wake on LAN option from the template.

QuickConnect WOL

Samuel Baker

signaturesignature

QuickConnect.png
    WOL.png
    Clock8 mths

When I am using the Wayk Now quickconnect feature, how do I choose which template it uses? I am using a template to build new Wayk Now entries, but am not deliberately using a template when I use quickconnect, so I don't know why or how it is choosing one of the two templates I have.

Nonetheless, I changed the Power On Mode option as you suggested and the error persists.

Clock8 mths

You may be aware of this already, but a number of entries appear like so while using the black theme:

Clock8 mths

@Martin
    This is an add-on? We have to rework the add-on UI to support the black theme.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths