Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

RDM on Apple macOS and iOS

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I'm currently testing your program and in windows it works fine.
But I'm having a lot of problems on macOS and iOS.

For the web login:

On maxOS, with Safari 12, the plugin won't work. As far as I understand the plugin is not supported? So there we must use Chrome?

At least there is a workaround.

But on iOS12, what to do? It doesn't work on the Safari browser, does not work on Chrome, and also not in the build-in browser?
I tried 1 sample site with 3 (custom form) fields and I won't get it working.

What is the correct way to use it on iOS devices?
How to get these 3 fields filled in automatically in a browser (Safari/Chrome)?

PS: I really like your windows program, want to use it in our company, but it must also work on ios devices.

Clock10 mths

Hello,

On RDM Mac, are you launching your session in embedded mode or in external mode? If you are launching your session in external mode, you would need to use our browser extension to send the credentials to the website. In that case, indeed, Safari is not supported. For all the details why, please consult this thread https://forum.devolutions.net/topic30638-safari-extension-for-macos-mojave-.aspx

We suggest using Chrome or Firefox to accomplis this. The extensions for these browsers can be downloaded here
https://devolutions.net/home/browserextensions

On RDM iOS, it's possible to autofill 3 fields, but we would need to find the proper ID's of the username, password and third field field to populate them properly at the opening.
In the Web Browser entry on iOS, there's a login section. Inside that section, it's possible to map the ID of the username, password and domain.
The domain ID field can be used for your third field.
This help article should provide you enough information's to get the ID's on your website.
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/troubleshooting_webauthentication.htm

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Hi,

For macOS; like I said, I use chrome and that works.

On iOS: I know the working of the ID's (see attachment). I use this already on Windows. the problem is that there are problems on ios:

- If you fill the ID in the domain field on ios it gets lost.
- the internal browser only fills the password field if you click on the Key icon.
- The external browser does not work at all. I opens the site. And then? You have to open the RDM via a button. It opens the RDM and there I always get "No entries to show".

id.png
Clock10 mths

Hi,

Is it a public URL that we can access to be able to reproduce your issue? You can send me the URL via Private Message if you don't want to send it on the forum. We tested some websites with 3 fields (Ex: https://my.c-cast.tv/) that showed positive results.

Do you know if the website is different on Mobile vs on Desktop, it happens that a website is built differently on mobile and doesn't have the same field ids. That's why we added the profile "mobile" in the HTML Control ID in a Web Browser (Http/Https) session.

Concerning the external browser with app extension, it will show entries of type "Credentials" and Data entry of type "Account". We will add Data entry (Web login/Website) and Web Browser (http/https) to the list.
Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Hi,

After you tested the url (via a private message) the conclusions were:

The current workaround is to use a session "Web Browser (Http/Https)" and when using the in-app browser for some reasons you will need to press on the "key button" twice to fill the account number on this website. We are investigating why it's happening.
For the issue with the domain id in a Data Entry (Web Login/Website) session a ticket has been opened about it.
We will keep you updated.
Using a Web browser is not an option (we must use Web login for the equivqlent URL's) + it does not work.
Domain Id does not gets filled in + is not saved in the form.
External browser does not show any results.

I'm really waiting to get this solved so I can buy the Enterprise for us and switch over from 1Password, Lastpass, Keepass, ...
Do you have any idea when these problems will be solved? (Timeframe)

Korstiaan

Clock9 mths

Hi,

You should be able to use Web Login again in the next release of RDM on iOS. It should be coming out within 2 weeks.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi,

I see that there is a new release 5.3.1.
I also see that now a web login entry is available from safari/chrome extensions.
Therefore I also see my website now.

In our testsite however (send via private message), in safari it only fills in the password (=standard name) and in Chrome it does not fill in anything?
The custom fields (username->loginUsername and domain->customerId) are not filled in in both.
The buildin browser fills the username->loginUsername and the password->password. domain->customerId also does not get filled yet.

Does it means that this is not the version I'm waiting for?

Clock9 mths

Hi,

Version 5.3.1 contains a partial fix for your problem. If you use a Website Information entry you should be able to fill login data.

However there is still a problem where the username doesn't fill in the first time the app fills the credentials so the credentials must be filled twice. From the built-in browser you will need to press the fill button (the key icon) to fill the username. From Safari, you will need to pick the credential from the extension a second time for the username to fill.

We are still investigating why this problem is happening with your testsite and will keep working on resolving the issue.

Note that Chrome support is limited and only works with basic login pages.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi,

I checked again and the build-in browser only fills 2 of 3 fields, you may press as much as you want. It's the username that is not filled.
Same in Website information.
In Safari; first time password. Second time Domain. Third and more -> nothing. Also here only 2 of 3.

Clock9 mths

Hi,

The control id fields can be case-sensitive. Can you try using username->loginUserName and see if that fills the username?

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi,

I use the correct cases. I copied them from the chrome inspector.
They are also the same as I use in RDM on windows and there it works fine.

Clock9 mths

Hi,

My mistake, I thought you might have the wrong case because you wrote username->loginUsername earlier (the id's are not case-sensitive on windows, so the problem wouldn't occur there).

I can't reproduce the behavior you are reporting on my end (on your testsite the username fills correctly for me).

I apologize for the trouble this partial fix is causing you. I will keep working on the issue and get back to you when I have a more complete fix.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi,

The problems with autofill have been fixed. A new update with this fix should become available today.

Please tell us if you still encounter problems with the autofill after the update.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi,

I just tested on iphone. (web login)
Yes it fills in all 3 fields in 1 click so that's fine.
However if I press login I get an invalid credentials error.

My credentials are fine.
I can "fix" this problem like this (not really a fix...):

Let RDM fill in the fields.
On each field delete the last character en re-type this character manual.
Press on login -> works fine now.

I saw this behavior on other vendors as well (on windows. RDM on windows is fine). At first sight it looks like all the fields are filled-in but they are not correctly injected.
By manual editing the fields (like I do by deleting and adding the last character) only then it gets "seen" by the login form.

Behavior is on both browsers (internal and external) and also web browser.
There, the only difference is that with web browser you don't have to click on the "key" icon to get the fields filled-in. It fills the fields automatically when opening. Both ways are fine.

Korstiaan

Clock9 mths

For any kind of technical related query regarding Apple or its operating system, then contact Apple technical service for the best solution. Hope this will help you.

What has that got to do with it?

Clock9 mths

Hi,

That apple comment was a bot posting a fraudulent link, you can ignore it.

I will investigate this new issue and get back to you. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi,

The issue has been fixed, your credentials should now be injected correctly. An update with the fix should become available today.

Please tell us if you encounter any more issues.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi,

Waaw, that's superfast!

I will test it as soon as I see it appear.

In the meantime, may I ask you something;

If I click on the Web login item it always open in the internal browser. (Even if external is defined).
To open the link via an external browser, you how first have to Edit, click on Login (web) and then click on the link "Go to website".
Then it opens external (and I can then use the plugin).

Am I missing something or is there a faster way to open in external browser?

The problem is that some websites don't work 100% in the internal browser. (script errors)

Korstiaan

Clock9 mths

Hi,

Yes, this is currently the only way. I agree that a faster way would be a good feature to have, I will add it to our to do list.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths