Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Duo trusted network fails to authenticate

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When using Duo 2FA and on a trusted network, RDM throws an error saying you must select a valid 2FA authentication method. A Duo trusted network is an IP you select in the Duo portal as a network where Duo is not required to authenticate. You still get redirected but you never get a popup. Something in RDM doesn't like this. If I remove the trusted network, RDM logins just fine.

Clock11 mths

Hello,

What RDM version are you using?

Which data source type are you connected to? If it is Devolutions Password Server, what version are you using?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Devolutions Password Server version 6.0.2.0. Should I upgrade?

Clock11 mths

Hello,

Upgrading to the latest DPS version 6.1.3 and RDM 14.1.3 should help to not get the error saying that you must select a valid 2FA authentication method. We highly recommend to follow the instructions on this online help page to upgrade your DPS instance.

https://helpserver.devolutions.net/upgrade_rdms.htm

If you need assistance for the upgrade process, please send an email to ticket@devolutions.net and we'll send you our online calendar to book an appointment.

About the trusted network, it seems that there is an issue with that feature. I have tested it and even if our network is set as trusted, RDM still requires a DUO authentication. I have opened a ticket and will keep you updated on that matter as soon as I will get some information about it.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

So as an FYI, the problem still exists even after upgrading both the server, console, and clients to the latest versions.

Clock10 mths

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

For your information, the ticket number RDMW-2114 has been created last week for this problem. As soon as an update will be available for a fix, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths