Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

User Management with Powershell

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We are using AD Integration with RDM as such when I need to create an account I only select "Integrated Security" and specify
Domain ID
User Type
First Name
Last Name
Email Address.

Currently I have departments submit this info on a CSV file in preparation of creating a script to import them. Today is the first time I am ready to do so but it seems the "new-RDMUser" cmdlet is surprisingly limited.

Is this the only programmatic way to create users with RDM or are there parameters available that are not published in Get-help.

If powershell can not do it, is there a better way to do it?

Clock6 mths

Hello,

When the user account has been created using New-RDMUser cmdlet, you can modify some properties before saving the account using Set-RDMUser.

Here is a sample of how this can be done. Only few properties are available like FirstName, LastName, Email address, Description but the UserType is a read only property and cannot be updated using PowerShell.

$user = New-RDMUser -Login "MyDomain\useraccount" -IntegratedSecurity -Email "useraccount@mydomain.com"
$user.FirstName = "FirstName"
$user.LastName = "LastName"
Set-RDMUser $user

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

This is great information, is there a list or way to get all possible options?

Clock5 mths

Hello,

You can use the Select-Object cmdlet on any object to get the list of its properties.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Duh... Thank you for that information!

Clock5 mths

I am trying to create a check to make sure a user is not pre-existing, but it seems the get-RDMUser is case sensitive. is there a way to make that case-insensitive?

Clock5 mths

Btw, get-member is also good. This works even when custom formats are applied that don't output all properties to console when using format table/list or also format-list -force

Clock5 mths