Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Default action for Script / Tools

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

• would it be possible to add for the Scripts and Tools entries a Default action option as in a Credential entry? For example: Execute, View, Open (Edit)...
  • at the moment by executing a hostlist appears where only one session can be chosen - is it possible to add the possibility to choose more than one entry and configure additionally the "executing mode"? (parallel or successively)
Something like that in the Advanced Section:
Default action
Executing against multiple entries (Y/N)
Execute mode

Thanks!

Regards,
Min

Clock7 mths

This should not be hard to add.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hello Min,

We will get working on the "Default action" feature.

I believe the "Executing against multiple entries" should be possible already if you go in the properties of your Macro/Script/Tool session -> More -> More Settings -> Allow batch execute. This setting should allow you to choose which session you want to execute against when you "Prompt for host".

As for the "Execution mode", is the setting in the General properties of the Script/Tool entry not enough? Or did you want to be able to choose the "Execution mode" on each of the sessions you selected in the prompt separately?

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hey Michael,

thanks fro your answer!

You are right - "Executing against multiple entries" does exactly what it says - I overlooked this setting! Whaaaaa?

For the execution mode I've set it to "Keep command line open" at General => Advanced and now the sessions will open at the same time and stay open - so you're able to check the output! Perfect! smile

So there is only the Default Action request and maybe it is possible to add a search bar also to the host prompt window when "Executing against multiple entries" is enabled (at the moment there is no search bar - Ctrl + F works, but a search bar would be much more comfortable)

Thanks again!

Regards,
Min

Clock7 mths

Hello Min,

We haven't done the "Default action" since the only possible choices in it would have been "Execute" and "Execute in previous". It also conflicted with the other ways of executing script/tool entries.

However, we've made it so double clicking on a Macro/Script/Tool entry will do a regular "Execute".

A ticket has been created for the search bar. We'll keep you updated on the progress.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hey Michael,

thanks for the update! No problem, the double click behaviour is fine for me Big Grin

Regards,
Min

Clock7 mths

Hello Min,

The search bar will be available in the next version of RDM.

Best regards,

Clock6 mths

Hello Carl,

works perfect in 2019.1.6!

As always - many thanks guys! Toast

Regards,
Min

Clock6 mths