Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Android - Support

App unable to connect to Devolutions Online Drive database

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I had this working perfectly a few hours ago on the app but - just as I was demoing it to someone - it is unable to sync my devices from the online drive database.

When I edit the database info and select 'Test Connection' it is successful but when I use that dataabse as the data source it doesn't display any devices and has "not connected" on the screen.

I am able to SSH to the devices using the local database so it's not a problem with the devices connection.

Using the same online database as the source for my PC version it is able to retrieve the devices so the database is good.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Clock7 days

Hi,

If you haven't changed your datasource configuration and it was working previously, first try
to kill and restart the application and refresh your data source. If it doesn't work, you can try
to recreate the datasource and refresh it. The filename and capitalization are also very important.

Let us know if it works or not.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

Hi

Thanks for the quick response.

Refresh of the App didn't fix it so I tried deleting and reconfiguring the datasource which also didn't work unfortunately.

I do still get 'Test Successful' when configuring the datasource.

I'll delete and re-download the app to see if this resolves the problem - unless you have any other suggestions.

Thanks

Clock7 days

Uninstalled/reinstalled the app and still experiencing the same problem.

Confirmed that the database name is the same as used for desktop version.

No option to add any devices, it just says "Not Connected" in the connections section.

Local source configured device can still access via ssh without problems.

Clock7 days

Hello,

Sorry to jump in, but the issue that you encounter is really strange.

Do you have something relevant in the logs?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

Hi,

You can send us the logs by opening the application drawer, selecting Help and Support followed by Report a problem/Send logs.

Are you using Devolutions Online Drive or Devolutions Online Database?

Have you added a new entry in the data source just before demoing it to someone or during the demo?
There could be a problem with a specific type of entry or some data that Android isn't handling properly
which prevents the entries from being displayed.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock6 days

Hello

I use the online drive.

You are correct in what you said above - I created a new .dod file from the app and I was able to reach it and add a new device.

When I pointed my desktop version to the same file they synced as expected.

Still the same problem with the original .dod though.

To answer your question, yesterday I did add and delete a couple of entries on the app and desktop to test the syncing but other than that I wasn't doing anything too different and my devices are just duplicated from my original device.

I did play around with the colours of the ssh background screen on the app and desktop as well if you think that may have caused some problems with inconsistency.

I've uploaded the files from the app using this thread title.

If there's anything further you need me to do then just let me know.

Thank you.

Clock6 days

Hi,

We found an error in the logs that you've sent us. However, it is quite general and it is difficult to determine what could have caused the problem.

Deleting entries shouldn't cause any problem. As for the colors that you've changed for SSH, did you change them in RDM Windows or RDM Android?

With RDM Windows, can you try to export the entries from the original data source (the one that is not working on Android) and import them into the new data source that you have created (the one that is working on Android). You could then try to read the new data source information with RDM Android.
If RDM Android is not able to read the data source with the imported entries, it will mean that there is an information in one of the entries that RDM Android is not able to handle.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock6 days