Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Add DPS to RDM MFA supported data sources

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Using RDM MFA when DPS is offline would allow us to keep DPS caching enabled for RDM and still have MFA for users.
It would be good if RDM could determine if DPS was available and just issue one MFA challenge, using DPS when available.
Otherwise we will need to disable DPS caching to prevent RDM sessions from being accessed without MFA when DPS is offline.

Clock10 days

Hello,
I don't think it's possible for us to do that. All the 2FA settings and validation are in DPS directly. Perhaps I missed something in your explanation

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 days

There is a blog post discussing 2FA from RDM when the datasource is a database like SQLserver.
I am asking that the RDM 2FA be supported on Password server to protect the RDM cache when password server is offline.
From what I see, with PS caching enabled, when the PS is offline, RDM can access the cached entries without 2FA.
Please protect the cache with 2FA, or we will need to disable the cache and that's some nice functionality we would like to use.

https://blog.devolutions.net/2019/01/the-basics-protect-your-data-source-with-2fa-in-remote-desktop-manager

Clock10 days

Ok, this will be another 2FA just for the offline?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 days

correct

Clock10 days

I will add a feature request for that. Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 days