Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Lock for further use, or automatic Check-out, credential entry for RDP session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We are currently working hard to test RDM internally to see if we are going to use it and have the following question:
For some customers we have several remote desktop sessions available for consultants and where we use the login via the option -prompt on connection-

The credentials avaliable for this RDP session can than be chosen from a specific credentials folder. These rdp sessions may be used multiple times by other consultants but not with a already 'in use' credential. Is there a way to accomplish this, for example that a credential entry that is already in use for this RDP session is automatically checked-out and automatically released when closing this RDP session ?
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Regards,

Marcel

Clock3 mths

Hello,

We have a CheckIn/Check Out system inside RDM. Could you give it a try?
For more details on that feature, please consult https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/entrytypes_checkoutsystem.htm

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on Monday, April 22, 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi Jeff,

As far as I can see the auto check-out on the choosen credentials is not working if you use the option -Prompt on connection- and choose the credential to use from the one off the credentials in a seperate map in the RDP session. The CheckIn/CheckOut that is activated on the credential session does not 'react' if it is choosen in the 'to use' credential from that RDP session.
Maybe screenshot will give you more information...

We start the session RDP (SRVTS01 where we can choose from the give credentials from a seperate map (option in propereties from RDP, choose from Credentials repositiry, promp on connection) If we choose a credential from that list the RDP session is opened and working but the choosen credential is still to use fot other RDP sessions. Is it possible to lock, ot auto Chekin/Checkout that credential?

Best Regards, Marcel

RDM.png
Clock3 mths

Hello,

I will test this scenario tomorrow and I will contact you as soon as I have any update on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on Monday, April 22, 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

This behavior has been reproduced. A ticket has been submitted to our engineering department in order to see what can be done on that matter.
I will contact you as soon as I have any update on that topic.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

The issue where a credential entry's check out settings would be ignored when going through the "Prompt on connection" prompt has been fixed internally.

The changes should be available starting from the next release of RDM.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your feedback and this adjustment/fix. Any idea when we can expect this next release?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Clock3 mths

Hello Marcel,

The next release of RDM is scheduled to happen in March.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths