Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Use Jump Host with Synchronizer

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

It would be very useful (to us at least!) if it were possible to use a Jump Host with an Active Directory synchronizer.

I have a Jump Host configured to access a remote subnet that has the same set of IP addresses as another of our networks. This works fine for connecting to servers via RDP, however when I try to set up a synchronizer to use the same Jump Host it seems to ignore the host and sync against the other network.
The reason for the duplicate subnets is that we have a Production network and a UAT network configured for exactly the same network addresses.

Clock12 days

Do you have an example of how you configured it?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock12 days

David Hervieux wrote:

Do you have an example of how you configured it?

I've just tried configuring a normal Active Directory synchronizer, but with settings on the "VPN/SSH/Gateway" tab configured to use the Jump Host that has access to the UAT network.

When I run the sync a connection to the Jump Host is established, but it seems that the sync process is still run from my client machine, rather than through the Jump Host (I can tell, since the resulting RDP objects created match those in the Production system, and not those in the UAT one).

If the UAT and Production systems were guaranteed to always have matching sets of servers this wouldn't actually be a problem (since the RDP objects are created with the correct Jump Host settings), but there are usually a few systems in UAT that aren't yet created in the Production environment.

Thanks!

Clock11 days

I'm not sure it's something we can do. I will add a request for that but it seem to me a technical challenge.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock11 days