Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Announcement

The Basics: Protect Your Data Source with 2FA in Remote Desktop Manager

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

The start of a new year means that it’s also the season for New Year’s Resolutions! My pledge this year is to eat healthier and go to the gym, so that I can fit into those jeans I bought two years ago thinking they would fit me…eventually!
Actually, I have another resolution that is much easier to keep, and it doesn’t involve going to battle with my scale. I would like to improve security across all of my accounts. Thankfully, 2FA is here to help me with this important task.
2FA (two-factor authentication) is an extra layer of security that requires you to verify your identity by providing your username and password, as well as another piece of information. This extra information can be:

• Something you know, such as the answer to a secret question, a PIN or a password.
  • Something you have, such as a smartphone, a token or a credit card.
  • Something you are, such as your fingerprint, voice recognition, or an eye scan.
The basic idea is that even if your login credentials are stolen, it’s highly unlikely (but still technically possible) for hackers to provide the additional information.

Learn how to configure 2FA in Remote Desktop Manager here: https://blog.devolutions.net/2019/01/the-basics-protect-your-data-source-with-2fa-in-remote-desktop-manager

Dérick St-Hilaire

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths