Forum / Wayk Now - Feature Request

More settings in global config

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I would like to see more if not all the settings available in the options menu added to the global config to be locked down. For example, being able to set and lock the "Remote control mode" or the password type and length.

Possibly if the option is set in the global config, the user can't change it. But if an options doesn't exist in the global config, the user can control it.

Clock9 mths

Hi Lucas

In the Options window, the settings that are "Locked" are those written to the global configuration (which is stored in %PROGRAMDATA%, and hence requires administrator access - and a UAC prompt - to update). The settings which are not "Locked" are those written to the local users configuration, since that is where they apply (for example, the password length only applies if there is a logged-in user on the machine, running the Wayk Now client).

The next release improves things by allowing general settings in the global configuration to override whatever is set in the individual user configurations. In your case, the user will still be able to update the settings in the UI, but if you have overridden them globally, that is the value which will be used.

We are still working on ways to improve the UI around this, and we are taking your feedback on board.

In the meantime, general settings in the global configuration can be updated either by editing the file manually, or using the "wayk-now config" CLI command with the "--global" switch.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have more feedback or further questions!

Thanks,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Ok, cool. I'll keep an eye out for the next release. Thanks!

Clock9 mths

Hi Lucas

We are currently aiming for next week. Will post back here to let you know!

Thanks,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths