Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Possible improvements for Wayk Now integration

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

we actually use Wayk Now 3.0.3 and RDM 14.1.3.0

• when you're connecting to a Client, we get every time scrollbars at the bottom and at the right side - it's not very comfortable - at the moment we choose every time => Input => Zoom out to get a "full screen" without the scrollbars
  • If you're use "Prompt for Permission" authentication you have to input the friendly name for each connection - a global option (like FIle => Options => Types => Wayk Now => Friendly Name) would be great.
So you set the Name once and can directly launch the Wayk Now connection without the additional prompt

What do you think?

Thanks!

Regards,
Min

Clock24 days

Hi,
I will Hubert to check what can be done quickly.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock23 days

Hey David!

Perfect, thanks! Maybe one additional point: Could the section for the Chat (Chat => Show Chat) be configured as a separate floating window? The screen section for the remote control would be bigger and you're able to move the chat window to a 2nd screen.

Thanks again! smile

Regards,
Min

Clock22 days

I will double check for the chat but I'm not sure if it's easy or not

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock20 days

Hello Min,

We've made a few changes internally that should be available for 14.1.4.0:

- Fixed sizing issue with the "auto" zoom mode.
- Fixed the "scaled" checkbox in the wayk entry settings which previously did nothing. It now sets the default mode for the "auto" zoom mode. This is what you need to use so that you don't have scrollbars.
- Added a default value for the friendlyname in File>Options>Types>Wayk. This doesn't remove the opening pop up since you still need to write a message to send to the remote host.

For the moment the chat still opens in the same window but we'll keep this request open since it would be useful. We could probably do the same with the file transfer list too. Let us know what you think once you can test it out and if there's any other improvements you'd like to see. smile

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock17 days

Hi Hubert,

perfect - thanks! Sure, I'll report soon wink

Regards,
Min

Clock17 days