Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Reset scrollback on display activity like Putty

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi, I find very usefull the behaviour in Putty related to setting "Reset scrollback on display activity".

Let's make an example. I scroll back an ssh session text watching at older rows (the upper side of the whole session text).
With the setting "Reset scrollback on display activity" enabled (enabled by default in Putty) I just hit enter or other key from keyboard and the session window jumps to display the newer session text without bothering me to come back manually to current cursor position using mouse to scroll down.

Can you deploy this kind of feature on RDM sessions?
Thanks
Regards
Enrico

Clock3 mths

I will assign this to our dev.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

What entry type are you using, and on what version of RDM? The SSH Shell entry type already does this by default.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

I'm using ssh session and I'm working on version 14.1.3.0 64bit but this is an old issue present also on older versions.
Is there an option on RDM ssh session that maybe disabled this behaviour on my sessions and I need to change it?
Thanks
Regards
Enrico

Clock3 mths

Hello,

You can find the option in your SSH entry in the terminal tab, "reset scroll on display":

2019 01 28 7 48 03

The default value points to the options located in File > Options > Types > Terminal, and the default value for that should be 'true'.
When set to true, the terminal will scroll to the last line if it receives text to display. When set to false, the terminal will not scroll.
Can you try changing the value to true and see if it works?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2019-01-28_7-48-03.png
Clock3 mths

Hi, I've changed that sessione option from Default to True but it acts the same, also opening new ssh session: it doesn't scroll when I input some new text or when the ssh session receives new text to display.
Whould you like to make a remote session to my client and check live?

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue you are currently having. In order for me to have more information on that matter, could you please provide me the following:

1- A Recording of this behavior along with the configuration of your SSH Shell entry

2- Your RemoteDesktopManager.cfg file. Please refer to the following link in order to locate this file:
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/howto_configurationfile.htm

These files can be sent to us using the following secure link: https://devolutions.sharefile.com/filedrop

As for the remote session, thank you for offering it to us but it is not required yet. If the information that you will provide us don't allow me to reproduce this issue, we will then be able to schedule a session.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on Monday, April 22, 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

I've uploaded requested files. Let me know if you need further info.
Thanks
Enrico

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Thank you for these files!

Your configuration has allowed me to reproduce this behavior in our environment. It was caused by the fact that the option "Reset scroll on display", under File ->Options -> Types -> Terminal, was set to "false" instead of "true".
ResetScrollOnDisplay

To be able to use this feature, you will need to go to File ->Options -> Types -> Terminal and set "Reset scroll on display" to "true"
ResetScrollOnDisplayTrue

Best regards,

James Lafleur

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on Monday, April 22, 2019.

signaturesignature

ResetScrollOnDisplay.jpg
ResetScrollOnDisplayTrue.jpg
Clock3 mths

Yes , I confirm, in this way it works. So it means the option at session definition level doesn't overwrite the globally defined option.
Regards
Enrico

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Exactly.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths