Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Announcement

How to Export All Remote Desktop Manager Entries to Devolutions Password Server

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I have a confession to make: prior to working at Devolutions, I wasn’t as cautious as I am today with password security. Don’t get me wrong. It’s not like I did unforgivable things like choose “123456” or “QWERTY” as my passwords. I’ve always been a techie, and so I selected long, complex passwords and changed them pretty often (which by the way is a practice that the National Institute of Standards and Technology/NIST is now advising against — we’ll be blogging on that soon!)

But once I started working here as an intern (read about that here), I was shocked to see how much more I needed to do. So, I started using Remote Desktop Manager as my password management platform, and I’ve found it easy and fast to create entries, scan passwords and generate new passwords. Over the years, I’ve also added some more layers of security and protection, such as high-end encryption and 2-factor authentication.

Recently, I decided to switch my password management platform from Remote Desktop Manager to Devolutions Password Server. If you’re thinking of joining me on the journey from RDM to DPS, you might be wondering how to transfer all of your entries. Well my friends, let me tell you that it’s very simple!

Here is what to do: https://blog.devolutions.net/2019/01/how-to-export-all-remote-desktop-manager-entries-to-devolutions-password-server

Dérick St-Hilaire

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths