Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Password generator in Teamviewer entry

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi

My workflow keeps getting interrupted when dealing with Teamviewer entry's. Is there any reason why the password generator button is missing next to the Teamviewer entry password field?

Would be great to have it there.

Clock4 mths

Hello,
Team Viewer is usually used with existing code but in your case, you want to generate a password and configure Team Viewer with this password?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi,

Correct. The host is usually connected with a "standard" password that I want to change. So I already have a connection to the machine in the Teamviewer client and then start to configure the item in RDM. Starting with the ID and then I get stuck on password as I have to save the entry, generate a password and open the entry again and pasting it. Then switch to the client in Teamviewer and change the password there.

I also tend to use the "additional password" feature on the Teamviewer Host. Giving third-party access to some machines with unique passwords. This function in Teamviewer is incomplete though. There is really non tractability in this feature so I use RDM with a separate entry with expiring notification for the account. So I don't forget to remove access when the user is done.
Here I always want to generate new passwords so that generator button would help.

Clock3 mths

This will be in the next update.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

David Hervieux wrote:

This will be in the next update.

Regards

Thank you!

Clock3 mths