Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Tool "Check is Online" with Windows Server 2016/2019 inaccurate

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

It seems that with Windows Server 2016/2019 the tool "Check is Online" is not properly detecting the full connectivity of the RDP session. Older Windows servers seem to be ok.

When the server is rebooted and the tool is used, both the "Ping" and "Scan Port (3389)" can have green ticks but if you click connect too soon the connection is attempted but nothing happens and the tool just closes down. Wait a few more seconds, 20-30sec sometimes, and then the connect will work. It invalidates the usefulness of the "Connect When Available" because if I walk away I'll come back to just an empty screen with nothing connected.

I'm running v4.1.1.0 of RDM on Windows 10

Clock12 mths

Hello,

I have assigned this case to our QA department so that they can test this specific scenario.

It would probably requires the help of our IT team, so this can increase the delay in our responses regarding this.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Ok thanks - let me know if I can provide further information.

Clock12 mths

Hello,

Our QA department has been able to reproduce your issue.

A ticket has been opened to our engineering department. The ticket number is RDMW-1941.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Any update on a fix for this? Makes waiting for several servers to finish updating more difficult to manage.

Annotation 2019-03-20 140553.png
Clock10 mths

Hello,

The ticket opened to our engineering department is still under investigation.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths