Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Improved search, search within specific folders.

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We have several thousand objects in our database. We are IT consultants and every customer has their own folder. We would really like to be able to search within a specific folder.

If I search for “AD” I get all the active directory servers from all folders (customers). We would really like to have the filter/search function applied to just a specific folder (customer) for example right click on the folder and press search in folder, and the system should then to a search on objects name/notes/url/username etc just like todays Filter/Serach function.

One alternative to right click on a folder and press search would be if the current search feature only search in selected folders (or a check box that says “Search in selected folders only” since there probably is users that likes it just like it is today).

See picture for an example how it could look like.

Regards,
Filip

Search RDM.jpg
Clock2 mths

It's a good idea. I will add a feature request. I think that the Advanced Search could help you a little bit but it might not be exactly what you want.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Yes, advanced search can help me a bit but there are some major problems:
1. It is really a lot of klicks to do an advanced search (nine to be exact and also entering the folder name manually). That is not effective for a task that is done so often. To complex and time consuming for a “simple” search.
2. There is not any option in advanced search that search in all fields. I have to know if it is entered in name, descritption, username, ip etc.
Thanks’ for adding it as a feature request. It would be really nice if it worked with a keyboard command by selecting folder and press ctrl+f. I hope a lot on that the development team will implement it.

I’ll keep on reading release notes or is it possible to get notified if my feature request get’s applied?

Clock1 mth

I will notify you directly in this thread.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock1 mth