Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - AddOns

Import asset inventory data from Lansweeper IT Asset Management Software

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

It would be great if asset inventory data could be imported into Remote Desktop Manager (on an automated/continual basis) from Lansweeper IT Asset Management Software (https://www.lansweeper.com/).

Clock7 mths

Hello,

it looks like they do not have an API to query the data, but I saw that their database is unencrypted.

I would look into scheduling a regular export of relevant data to a CSV file, then implement a CSV synchronizer to ingest the CSV.

Would that be a viable solution?

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Having it's own Synchronizer would be ideal, but your suggestion of "scheduling a regular export of relevant data to a CSV file, then implement a CSV synchronizer to ingest the CSV." would be acceptable.

Clock7 mths

Maurice Cote wrote:

Hello,

it looks like they do not have an API to query the data, but I saw that their database is unencrypted.

I would look into scheduling a regular export of relevant data to a CSV file, then implement a CSV synchronizer to ingest the CSV.

Would that be a viable solution?

How does RDM's import sessions feature handle duplicate entries from the CSV file? Are these ignored, or will duplicate entries be created in the RDM database?

Clock5 mths

@rmaestas,

The CSV Synchronizer has an option to avoid duplicates during the process. It would be possible for you to delete them or move them into another folder as example.
2019+03+18+16+18+03

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

2019-03-18_16-18-03.png
Clock5 mths

How would we configure the CSV Synchronizer to just update the various Information tabs? This would be an awesome way to populate information directly into RDM.

Clock3 mths

@boconnor,

The CSV Synchronizer allow you to add new entries, but will not update the current existing ones in RDM.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Thanks for the reply. It would be a pretty nice feature for there to be an "update" synchronizer match the entry name and append the given fields.

Clock2 mths