Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

1password Web mode with 2FA support

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

At the moment it is not possible to use Web mode when you have 2FA enabled (reference: DEVO-1428). Please implement Web mode with 2FA support for 1password

Clock7 mths

Hello,

We'll add this to our list. Can you also tell us what 2FA method you use for 1Password web?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi,

I use Microsoft Authenticator, but you can use different one; https://support.1password.com/two-factor-authentication/

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Thank you for the information, we'll let you know once we make some progress.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hello,

We've made the changes internally. Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator are supported with these changes. Duo isn't supported right now but we want to implement it too.

We're hoping to release this in RDM 14.1.4.0.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Do you know if this feature will be implemented in RDM 14.1.4.0 ?

Clock5 mths

Hello,

You should be able to test this out in the RDM 2019 beta. You can download it at the bottom of the download page: https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

I've installed the beta version, but I'm not able to run it. Every time I try to open the app I'm getting err msg (also after removing and installing from the scratch):

TargetInvocationException - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.UIManager.cd1336d51f5967743cc970d8c549f61e3()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.UIManager.get_FrmMain()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Program.Main(String[] args)

------------------- INNER -----------------------

NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ThemeManager.ApplyDocumentManagerSkinElement(DefaultLookAndFeel lookAndFeel)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainDocumentManager.cd3ab56e6b166f4ed742b184d2b9b7aa1(DefaultLookAndFeel c7cb6d4ff2fc67ce1c97343b28fe696d6)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainDocumentManager.DoInitializeComponent()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmBaseRibbon.c2003f33b05659ffe7ea3546ebd6ce300()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmBaseRibbon..ctor()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainDocumentManager..ctor()

Clock5 mths

What theme do you use?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Legacy

Clock5 mths

I was able to install RDM 2019.1.5.0 version. I've removed everything related to RDM from my computer, installed RDM v 14.1.3.0, set all setting to default, set updates to check all versions with beta also, restart the app, download and instasll newest version (rdm detect it on startup). After that RDM run with no issues.

Despite the fact RDM was installed in newest version, I was not able to add 1PAssword entry. During entry creation, I've got 2FA prompt (see attached) but after clicking in "Title" I've got error message "Unable to retrieve 1Password credentials!" (see attached).

2019-03-14 09_23_46-Remote Desktop Manager.png
2019-03-14 09_24_28-Remote Desktop Manager.png
Clock5 mths

Hello,

Could you enable the profiler (Help > Profiler, and in the "debug only" tab set the value to "1"), then try again with the profiler window open. You should see debug information being output. Could you send the information to me? It would help us diagnose what's happening.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

By send to me you mean here in forum, or mail ?

Clock5 mths

Either method works, you can private message it to me on the forum or send it in email to hmireault (at) devolutions.net

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

I received the logs, thank you.

From what I can tell, the API returns something that our code isn't accepting. I'm not sure what is affecting this but it could be due to the types of entry you have in your 1Password vaults. We'll take a look at this and see if we can find out what's going on.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Any update in that matter ?

Clock4 mths

Hello,

We should have a fix ready soon, as we have found what is possibly causing this. We'll let you know once the changes have been made.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi!

I've downloaded the newest beta (2019.1.11) and Web mode i working! smile I will test it for some time and let you know how it goes. I'am using local data source and did not try remote ones yet. Are there any limitation with data sources in regards of using 1password credentials ? Are ther eany other limitations for using 1password credentials (theme or other app specific settings) ?

Thanks!

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, please let us know if you encounter any issue. smile

As for limitations, do you mean regarding the 1Password web integration? There are some entry types that we don't support because they don't contain proper username/password sets of values, but other than that I don't think so.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello!

It's been a while since last post. RDM was very good so far, but lately something has changed. I use web mode for 1password credentials, and I don't see some entries, and don't get any new entries. I thought that when using web mode, it's like live/on-line access to credential entries (please correct me if I'm wrong).

My current version is 2019.1.34.0 64-bit

Clock23 days

Hello,

What kind of entries are you creating? Do the old entries still show? And have you tried restarting RDM?

You are right, in web mode, we fetch entries through the web directly. We do have a cache within RDM, but if even after a restart the entries you've created don't appear, it might be an issue with the integration that we'll have to look into.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock23 days

I've reinstalled RDM completely, but the problem remains. I'm creating Login entries. I will try to do this on different machine, to see if this can be related to my machine. I will let you know.

Clock22 days

Hello,

I've checked this on 2 other machines (one was totaly new one), and the problem still exists. I am not able to fetch any new records, and also some old ones, like RDM stopped fetching them at all at some time.

Clock19 days

What is the type of those entries in 1Password?

We will take a look at the issue, but we haven't found a way to reproduce it as of now.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock17 days

It's a"Login" type of entry.

Clock17 days

Hello,

I am currently unable to reproduce this issue on RDM 2019.1.30 and .35

That being said, have you tried creating a new 1Password entry in RDM and see if this issue persisted?
The fact of uninstalling RDM should not affect this issue since your local configuration won't be affected.

Also, would it be possible for you to record this behavior and send it to us using the secure link below:
https://devolutions.sharefile.com/filedrop

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock17 days

I've tried one more scenario:
1. I've created new vault in 1password
2. I've added new entry (type "Login") to 1password in that new vault
3. I've created new credential entry in RDM (1password), and during that new antry (Created in step1) was available!

Every new entry I add to new vault is instantly available in RDM for credential entries. If I add new entry in 1password in old vault, it's not available in RDM for new credential entry.

I've uploaded short video with actions described above (RDM-1Pass-2019-07-02_17-35-13.mp4).

Clock17 days

Hello,

Thank you for performing more tests on that matter and for sending us this video.

Would it be possible for you to try the following and see if this issue persist?

1- Could you please see if there are any exceptions on that matter? To do so, you will need to consult your Application Log.

2- Could you please try to change your 1Password master password? Doing so should re-encrypt your vault and maybe that this could affect this issue.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock17 days

ad 1 - which exactly logs do you mean ?

ad 2 - I've change the password but it didn't help... :/

Clock17 days

Hello,

Sorry for the lack of clarification, the Application Logs can be found under the Help tab of RDM. This information can be sent to us by using the "Send to support" button under the "Report" tab of the Application Logs window.

Also, when this issue occur, does only a few items are missing or the complete content of this vault is not shown in RDM?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock16 days