Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

move multiples entry to another repository

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I've over 200 entries that I want to move to another repository with powershell, I know it's possible with the UI but the problem is the 200 entries are located in different folder/subfolder so that can be long to search one by one to move it to another repository.

So it's possible with powershell to move the 200 entries from a txt file and move to another repository?

Regards

Clock7 mths

Hi,

We could guide you with proper command in Powershell, but I would like to confirm how would you list the entries? Is it with the name, host or ID?
And are you looking to transfer also the sub-connection or entries under the folder name?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi,

I'll need for 2 types of entries. I don't need to transfer by folder name.

For password entry I need to find by username

for RDP/SSH entry I need to find by host (also need to transfer sub-connection for RDP/SSH)

Regards

Clock7 mths

Hi,
After few search, in PowerShell we could not move sessions. But you can use PowerShell to search entries and export/import them. Because sessions ID will be the same after the import RDM will see them as move instead of duplicating the entries.

Command to export RDP session:
First step list RDP session:

$RDPSessions = Get-RDMSession | Where  {$_.ConnectionType -EQ "RDPConfigured"}

Further information could be found at https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/powershell_cmdlets.htm
Second step we export entries in XML:
$password = read-host -assecurestring  "Password" Export-RDMSession -XML -Path "C:\MyPath\MyFilename.xml" -Sessions  $RDPSessions -IncludeCredentials -Password $password

You could adjust the command with the desire filter.
Regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths