Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Switching DataSources permissions problems

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Folks,

On the latest versions for RDM for mac & pc we're connecting to a devolutions server using AD and DUO 2FA.

Works fine until you switch datasources to anything else then switch back to the devolution server repository. When you do switch back you lose permissions and only get the default permissions from the repository.

We're using AD groups, specifically we have one group of people who are allowed a couple folder trees. If you're not in that group they don't show up but you can see everything else and that is what's happening if you switch away repositories and switch back to it.

RDM stays online the whole time.

Thanks,
Guys

Clock11 mths

Hi Craig,

Last week I reproduce a similar issue but on my side I had a pop-up with an error. Have you any error as a pop-up or in Help -- Application log?

Which version of RDM and DPS are you using?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

No error popping up

RDM is 14.1.1.0

DPS is 6.1.0.0 (DB v1.463)

also noticed through the day it is also losing the permissions randomly but I can't pinpoint when. As well as if i go file -> My datasource info -> roles when its not working it shows nothing in either box. When it is working it shows all my AD groups in the bottom box and the Relevant RDM groups in the top box. So its like its not refreshing my AD info. Only fix seems to be close RDM and re-open when it happens.

Clock11 mths

We probably found the culprit for this issue. We are working on an internal fix.

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

take it this is related to this post and i should update?

https://forum.devolutions.net/topic31161-ad-roles-not-working-with-windows-authentication-in-rdm--with-dps-.aspx

Clock10 mths

Hi Craig,

This is right, I have not update this post yet, as my colleague Erica mentioned in DPS 6.1.3 the issue is corrected.

Devolutions Password Server version 6.1.3 is now available for download. This version contains the fix for the AD integration issue. For customers who use Remote Desktop Manager, we recommend to use the latest RDM version 14.1.3.

We strongly recommend following the instructions on this online help page: Upgrading Devolutions Password Server

We also offer free remote session to assist you during the upgrade process of your DPS instance. If you would like to book a session, please send an email to ticket@devolutions.net and we will send you our online calendar.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths