Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Manage web login credential for site that require also pin code

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello

some sites, mainly institutional sites like revenues authorities, ask for login with username + password + pin code. So not only a pair of habitual input boxes - see an attachment with an example.
Auto save of RDM (Mac but also windows) doesn't recognize the PIN so it save ad incomplete login (username and password).
Seems also that the autofill of username and password fits the password also for the PIN input box, causing confusion about the really information that RDM can handle.
Is there any way to manage this type of login?
Thanks
Michele Maran
Italy

2019-01-05_15-43-46.jpg
Clock12 mths

Hello,

We should be able to send this information using the Domain field located in the Web Browser entry type by mapping the proper field ID in the HTML Control ID tab.

Is there a public URL that you can provide us so that we can test it and see if what you are trying to achieve can be done?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Hi,

There is also an option in RDM window that allows adding more fields to fill (Custom Controls). This has not yet been implemented in Mac, but I've just filed a new improvement request.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Hello
here is an example: https://telematici.agenziaentrate.gov.it/Moss/login.jsp
I can not find any option to add custom controls into chrome add-on for windows.
thanks

Clock11 mths

Hi,

The Custom Controls I was referring to are in the Web Browser session in RDM Windows. Am I right in assuming you are using the Web Browser session in RDM Mac?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Hello Xavier
l'm using both mac and windows version of RDM.
I try to bind the control "codicepin" to Domain using then More settings button.
I try also to use a custom field into custom controls option.
Neither of them worked. The password is filled in password and pin input box.
Any ideas?

Clock11 mths

Hi,

I've attached a file (Three Fields Web Page.rdm) containing a Web Browser entry that works for me (though the login fail as I use placeholder value).

To be honest though, I'm not much sold to the idea of putting a pin value in a clear text field. I'm implementing the possibility to mask (and encrypt) the value of Custom Controls in RDM Windows (which I will port to Mac right after). This will probably be much more appropriate. I've tested the Custom Controls in RDM Windows (with the Chrome Web Browser, wasn't filling everything with IE for some reason) and it was also properly working.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Three Fields Web Page.rdm
Clock11 mths

Hello Xavier

you send me an example of a web browser session but i have only login web items.
Your example work well both in embedded browser and in external browser mode (in this case i checked the "enable web browser extension link").
I checked, however, that the browser extension can create only login web items, not web browser session.
It i very unconfortable to have to use RDM to create a web browser session.
Why i cannot use the login web items as well as the web browser session items?
If not i ask you to make possibile to create web browser session item instead of login web item.
thanks

Clock11 mths

Hi,

If you mean the automatically created entry by Web Login when you authenticate to a site web, the extension itself does not offer necessary granularity settings to edit the entry from the Web Login regardless (while it is planned, I can't offer any timeframe yet). You'd have to edit/create the entries in RDM for those edge cases regardless.

That being said, RDM Mac does have the More Settings button in Login (Web) entry (which allows changing controls ID and add custom controls). I've added this to the TODO list. But as I mentioned, for these cases, you'll still need to edit entries directly in RDM.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths